Error code 80151011

This morning I attempted to login in to Xbox live and was prompted to enter my email and password associated with the live account. It said that for more information go to xbox.com/proofs. Finished with that and it and I got the error code 80048821. Tried again, same code. Therefore, I log in using the computer. Update my security information and change my password. Attempt to log in to xbox live again, same message. Now I clear the cache, downloaded my profile onto a usb, deleted the profile from the hard drive. Attempted to re-download the profile from the internet tells me that it can’t be completed at this time. So I get the profile back from the usb and fill out the email and password again but I got a different error code 80151011. I don’t know what it going on. My friend on his Xbox can login into my profile just fine. I can log into his on my xbox as well. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There are a few different possible solutions but for now I will present you with 2 (I don't want to overwhelm you are anything) and if these dont work I will hand you the others and hopefully we can resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Step 1:  Log into your Microsoft account (online). If you forgot your password or it doesn’t work, reset your password.

Step 2:  Look for Edit Security info and click on it.

Step 3:Verify your security information. For example, verify the Phone number, Alternate email address, and Security question information.

Step 4:Sign out of your Microsoft account, and then sign in again.

Step 5:Try to sign in to Xbox LIVE again.

Here is the second solution

Step 1:Press the Guide button on your controller.

Step 2:Go to settings and select System Settings.

Step 3:Select Storage or Memory.

Step 4:Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)

Step 5:Select Clear System Cache.

Step 6:When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks  a lot I been trying to figure it out for a while now, I jus did what you said and it work thanks again

Sorry this didn't help.

I just trried this and it did not work, any other suggestions would be appretiated, i am now getting error code 80151103

Sorry this didn't help.

i am having the same problem.... i called xbox customer support... the technician couldn't help... he had to send it to their "Advocacy Team" to look into the problem further.... they said someone would either call me or email me within 24-72 hours.... it's been over 36 hours now and i ain't heard nothing back yet.... just seeing your post here let's me know i am not the only one having this issue... i will keep you posted as to what they tell me

Sorry this didn't help.

the same problem as sirstompington

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there SirStompington!

Sorry to hear you're unable to sign into your gamertag, often times this is related to account security. First why don't you read THIS support article about updating your account security. Once you have a good idea of what you need to update you can go to https://account.live.com/proofs/manage and login to your account. Here you can check your account proofs and add or confirm anything that may need updated.

Once you update your account I'd recommend clearing your system cache and redownloading the profile to ensure an up-to-date copy is on the Xbox. To do this follow these simple steps:

Clear System Cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Re-Download Profile

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  2. Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
  3. Enter the Microsoft Account address for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
  4. Enter the Password for the Microsoft Account.
  5. If your account is an Xbox LIVE Child Account, the Parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
  6. Pick the Storage Device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit.)
  7. When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to Remember Your Password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!
  8. Sign In, and retry.

If after doing all these things you still receive an error I'd try reseating the HDD of your Xbox. If you have an original Xbox 360 this can be done by simply pushing the release button of the HDD and lifting up. If you have a 360S you'll need to take the HDD cover plate off from the bottom of the Xbox and then slide the HDD out and back in. For help with romoving the HDD please reference THIS support article.

Let us know how that goes for you. If you are still having issues please let us know and we can look into the problem further.

Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.

P.S. As far as your issues go SHORT PEANUTS & PJ Blakenator, I would recommend trying those same steps.

If you're still experiencing error codes and problems please start your own thread to ensure faster and more personalized service!

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried to download my profile but the download stopped and the error code 80151011 came up

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Sac Of Luuv!

If you're also having 80151011 problems I recommend you follow the steps in my earlier post. These problems typically mean your account is insecure and needs to be updated to protect your information. Follow the links I've posted and update your account. After that clear the system cache on your Xbox and try re-downloading your profile. If you still get the error please create a new thread with your specific information to get faster more personalized support.

Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey thank you, IAmThePartyGod!!

Sorry this didn't help.