Error code 80151006

I got a new Xbox, and downloaded my profile to it, no problem.  Played a few games on it, then decided it was finally time to change my gamertag.  Changed it, then decided to download xfinity.  After xfinity downloaded, my Xbox restarted.  When I went to download my profile again, as it requested, I got the message "Profiles can not be downloaded at this time", with the error code 80151006.  I've tried clearing the cache, deleting the profile and any corrupt files from the Xbox before restarting it, then trying to download the profile again.  Still no luck.  It always gets to about 40kb before the message pops up.  I did notice that my old gamertag is still being used on this site, but my new one is shown when it is trying to download the profile.  Seems there might be a communication error somewhere.  This is extremely frustrating seeing that I just spent $450 on a new Xbox, just to not be able to save anything on it.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My new gamertag is SuspectThought.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, adladleng! Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Have you tried downloading your profile to a different memory device, for example a USB device configured for use with Xbox 360 console? Here's some information about USB storage device support for Xbox 360: www.xbox.com/.../storage. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes!

Sorry this didn't help.

It didn't work. I got the same error message. I tried it multiple times, deleting the 40kb it did download each time before trying again. I also restarted the Xbox a few times to see if that would help. Obviously it didn't. I'll say again...I changed my gamertag to SuspectThought. The actual, physical Xbox and emails I receive from Xbox both show the new gamertag. This website does not. What is causing this discrepancy? I believe that, and my situation, are connected.

Sorry this didn't help.

Very sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue. Do you have the option of downloading your profile onto another console? I'd be interested to know if the problem persists when you do that. As far as viewing your gamertag change goes, have you tried clearing your cache or trying another browser? Depending on how long ago you changed it you may need to wait a few days for it to prop on the website. Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

I went to the Xbox 360 that my profile had initially been on when I tried to download it to the USB drive (which was a 4GB SanDisk drive that had no problems being set up). I tried to download my profile back on to that Xbox as well. That did not work either. As for viewing the gamertag change, I've used multiple browsers, computer, and other devices to access the website, with them all showing my old gamertag on this site...and it's been about 10 days since I changed it, so it's been more than enough time for it to update. Any other suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Now it just says "Loading..." at the top of this site instead of my old gamertag.  Also, I noticed that on the emails that I have been receiving, despite the fact that they show my new gamertag, they don't show the picture of my avatar at the top.  They just have the same grey silhouette that is on my Xbox when the profile won't download.  I took a snip of the email to put in this post so you could actually see what I am talking about, but of course I can't add a photo to this post.

Sorry this didn't help.

Now it's showing my old username again.  I changed from Firefox to Google Chrome.

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems like the thread is divided into two main issues, the first being the 80151006 error and the second being that your new gamertag not propping. For the 80151006 error code I would recommend getting in touch with phone support to make sure there are no account issues going on behind the scenes. Regarding your old gamertag, when I look up your account I see your correct gamertag listed - this is a good sign! I would recommend bringing this up with phone support when you contact them about the 80151006 error to see if they can shed some light on the issue as well.

Please let me know what you find out and if you're able to reach a resolution with phone support. I'm here if you have any further questions!

I Am x Poseidon, if you are having a similar issue would you mind creating a new thread detailing out your situation? This will enable us to provide you the best assistance possible for your issue. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same prob and i spent 45 mins onto phone suport.... and still nothing?

Sorry this didn't help.