error code 80151006

I´ve got the error code 80151006 when i try to log into my XBL account!

I can login to the Xbox.com side without problems, loading just up 800 MS points via code, but on Xbox console ervery try, code 80151006 pops up!

tried to change pw, clear cache and Xbox network test is fine...there no options left to solve this prob on my own! slowly I get very angry...spend about 50k points or more over years, thousands of hours gameplay...

I hope some of MS reads this and solve my problem very fast...otherwise I had to look after a lawyer !

greetings 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 45 Applies to:

Hi! Did you try unplugging all accessories, then restarting your console with a hard reset (Accessories being headset, Kinect, chat pad etc) This has worked for me in the past!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there Madshac,

Sorry to hear you had a frustrating time with that error code but I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out.

Please let us know if you have any further support needs. Whichever console you choose for the future, Happy Gaming!

Sorry this didn't help.

for everyone with this problem...

first erase your gamertag-profile from your Xbox, than clear memory cache, restart the box and re download your profile!

and don´t despair...I had to start the profile download 5 times! first 4 tries DL stopped at about 30%!

now all fine again for me, but MS doesn´t look very good in this...an one year old problem (found dozens of forum post all over the internet, about that bug) and the offi. solution is a pice of crap!

lucky that Xbox360 times comes to an end... I don´t buy any MS console again!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello madschac,

Sorry your having some issues. Maybe this will help.

Overview

If you see error code 80151006 when you’re using Xbox LIVE, it means your Microsoft account is valid but is not associated with an Xbox LIVE account

Problem

If you get this message and error code, it means your Microsoft account is valid, but it is not associated with a LIVE account.

Solutions

Solution 1: Join Xbox LIVE

To sign up for an Xbox LIVE account associated with your Microsoft account, go to Join Xbox LIVE.

Solution 2: Contact Xbox Support

If you already have an Xbox LIVE account and you get this error, contact Xbox Support.

Sorry this didn't help.