Error Code 80151006 - Changed Gamer tag - Cant Download

Hi I know this is a known issue but I have tried everything searched through each thread none of which have come to a solution being posted.

Two days ago I changed my Gamertag from "simonjdaniel" to "SAIBOR9", I was immediately signed out of my Xbox and (Xbox live of course).

Upon attempting to sign back in, I received an error message stating that I could not use my profile on my xbox and should download it again.

When I attempt to download it starts to download stating my new gamertag SAIBOR9 and getting to about 1/8th of the way through the status bar, then quits out giving the Error 80151006 stating that my profile cannot be downloaded at this time.

I've tried all the suggestions, clearing cache, deleting profile from HDD but cannot download my profile

My Xbox.com account states my old gamer tag "simonjdaniel"

I have spoken with xbox support who could not help me, told me to try again later and gave me a service reference 1192936328, two days later still stuck and no follow up by xbox support.

Did anyone find a solution to this? I've tried everything above to no avail, have seen incidents of this being reported for over a year but no solution really surprised there isn't a KBA and standard process for resolution for the support desk on this.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there Simon! I understand you are not able to download your profile at this time. I reviewed your support call and it does look like they're escalating you to another agent for help. I would recommend staying in touch with them over the next few days and see what they come up with. Please keep us posted on their progress, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So I'm also searching for an answer to this error and I haven't come across any so far. Just got off the phone with tech support and I'm in the same position simonjdaniel is in. He posted this 2 months ago and I would like to know if anyone has figured out how to resolve this issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Viaoz, seeing as this thread is a bit old, I would suggest you create a new thread, detailing your issue a bit more, as well as any troubleshooting steps you have tried. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.