Error code 80072EF3

I simply am trying to sign into my xbox profile, so I do the normal. Bring up the menu and click the profile I would like to use. It then asks me to enter my Microsoft email and password. Despite entering the correct information and even signing me in to the profile, when I press continue it gives me the error code and signs me out. Why is this happening, please help i'm unallowed to play my games without being in a profile so right now my xbox is useless. Help please,

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello Mitty Witty,

Sorry for the inconvenience. That error usually indicates that there is a problem with your account information, such as your security proofs.

Here is a solution that can fix the error

Solution 1:

1). On the Xbox Home Screen, click on System -> Storage -> Hard Drive -> Profile, select Delete, then click Delete Profile Only.

2). Press "B" on the controller until you see "Hard Drive", Press "Y" on the controller and select "Clear System Cache" on the screen.

3). Shut the Xbox 360 off completely. Then turn it back on

4). On the Xbox Home Screen, Scroll until Social is selected on the top of the screen, Click "Sign In or Out", Scroll all of the way to the right and select Download Profile.

5). Follow the On screen prompts. If your on your personal Xbox, make sure, Save Password is checked in the box.

You should now be able to connect to Xbox Live, if not go to "Solution 2".

Solution 2:

1). Go to https://login.live.com

2). Sign in with your email address and password.

3). Once on the homepage, on the Left tab, click on "Security info".

4). You may get a pop up message that you will need to get a security code from your Email Address or Phone number. (If not, skip this step) Note: if you don't have access to the Email Address or mobile phone anymore, then Click on cant use those anymore.

5). Enter the security code.

6). Now Check and see if you have a mobile phone and alternate email address and mobile phone entered in, make sure they are verified. If not enter the information in.

7). On the Xbox Home Screen, scroll right until you see settings, click on System -> Hard Drive -> Profile, select Delete, then click Delete Profile Only

8). Go back to the Xbox Home Screen, Scroll until Social is selected on the top of the screen, Click "Sign In or Out", Scroll all of the way to the right and select Download Profile.

9). Follow the On screen prompts. If your on your personal Xbox, make sure, Save Password is checked in the box.

You should now be able to connect to Xbox Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Edit: due to website glitch, when trying to publish an original post edit.

On Step 4, Replaced the parenthesis with this (**If not, skip this step and go to step 6.)

On Step 6, (Before the First Sentence)  **Now go back to the Security info page. ...... (After the word verified) **By clicking on Verify (if applicable). If there is no email address or phone number in on the page, add them in and click Verify.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.