Error code 80072EF3 preventing log in

Hello.

I'm having issues logging in to my account. Up till yesterday my account worked fine and allowed use. When I log in it connectst, tell me how may friends I have online at the moment and even changes my theme in the background. Then, all of the sudden, this message pops up and prevents me from going farther:

"Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again later.code 80072EF3.

I've cleared my cache, deleted and re-installed my account, reset both router and modem thinking my connection may be lagging and also even changed my email password to see if that was an issue. Nothing so far has worked and I'm getting a little frustrated with the fact that I'm having to clear my cache quit often to even use my xbox anymore. This will now be the 5th time since the last update that my caches had to be cleared due to multiple aps, netflix and my hulu refusing to function properly. I thought maybe it was my box so I got another one and the same issues are occurring. Please help. I'm tempted to move back to my play station if this can't be fixed and put under control.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 54 Applies to:
Answer

Hey Rynkas,

I'm glad to hear you were able to get things sorted out.

It sounds like there was an issue with your hard drive and formatting it helped get things working. You may want to look into replacing the HDD in case this is an indicator of the drive failing. It may also be a good idea to may sure you've got your saved games backed up to the Cloud or on a USB drive.

@Haytch - Here are the steps for performing a Factory Reset:

• Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, and select System Settings.
  • Select Network Settings.
  • Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network when the network list is displayed.
  • Select Configure Network
  • On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults
  • When prompted, select Yes, Restore to Factory Defaults
    • Note This resets the console's network settings only, and not other settings. 
  • Turn off your console. 
  • Turn on your console. 
    • Wireless only: You will receive a message to configure wireless settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.

If you have further questions, please go ahead and create a new thread
detailing your situation along with any error code/message you see and the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so that we don't commandeer this thread and can provide you both with individual support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.