Error code 80072EF3 on signing in to xbox live

I can sign into my account (obviously), but when I start a game it asks for a confirmation email/password entry.  I enter it (correctly, because it tells me so), but then gives me the Error code 80072EF3, which wont allow me to sign in when using a game.  I've changed my password and used a the new password, and still the same problem.

I've switched games, and its the same problem. 

I've deleted my profile and cache (3 times) and then re-downloaded (3 times), and I continue to get this problem each time.    There is a thread that goes over this, and lots of people are having the same issue, but we are of course told to make a new thread.

I should mention I also tested my connection to Xbox live and everything went through just fine.   I suspect the error is on the server side, somewhere.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

Great....still no answer a day later.  Well, typical.   I can't play my games offline because even though I log in, the games check my profile, which then says it can't verify until I do the email confirmation, which is of course what is broken.

Fix your stupid system.  I don't play Xbox Live, I only play offline, and now I can't even do that, which is retarded.  Why do I have to sign in online after I start the game just to continue where I left off?  This has to be the worst system ever designed for off-line play.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Darth! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

It sounds like this might just be a security proof issue. I suggest following these steps:

Let us know how everything goes and we'll work with you from there! =)

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried that but it didn't work for me

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey NightBoii,

To keep things tidy here please start a new thread and list your question there please. This is an old thread and would be better if you start a new thread so the community can help you with this!

Sorry this didn't help.