Error Code: 80072EF3 03/04/2014

Every time I sign in, an "Add Security" prompt instantly pops up; at the "Remember your password" stage when I press 'Next' it comes up with the error message (Refer to subject line), I am then signed out when I press 'Ok'.

*This has happened very recently, right after I completed the update patch of CoD: Ghosts this happened when I tried signing in and has persisted so far.

*I've tried re-downloading my profile and signing in, to no avail. (w/ and w/out clearing system cache multiple times)

*I've tried simply backing out of the "Add Security" window but that signs me out every time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

Greetings!

Can you verify that you have updated the security proofs like phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and security questions and answers to your Microsoft account. This information is essential to ensure that your account is well protected and meets the security standards Microsoft provides.

Check to see if you have Two Step Verification enabled. If you do, make sure that the app password is properly set up. If you don't want to use the app password, be sure to disable Two Step Verification.

With your security proofs being updated, let's focus on the next steps: Delete Profile Only from the Xbox storage device, clear system cache (three times in a row) and finally, recover your profile from LIVE.

How to delete Xbox LIVE profile safely.
Before you delete your profile you have to know the username and password for your Microsoft account that is associated with your profile.

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Storage.
  3. Select All Devices.
  4. Select Gamer Profiles.
  5. Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
  6. Select Delete.
  7. Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

Clear Xbox system cache (3 times in a row).

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. Clear your Xbox system cache 3 times in row.

Restart your console.

Download Xbox LIVE profile.

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
  2. Select Download Profile.
  3. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  4. Enter your Microsoft account password.

Post back and let us know how that goes and we'll go from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.