error code: 80072ee2 what does this mean and how do i solve

i am having trouble connecting to xbox live, keeps lagging out and will not let me connect to party chat the error code i receive is 80072ee2 was happening last night as well and since i get very little time off work and i am paying for this its pretty annoying :/ i have not changed any hardware all connections have remained the same it has also been saying matchmaking service alert when i check connectivity.  the error message does not always display but the really bad connection stays regardless. and also there may have been another error code with just numbers no "ee" at some point but i cleared it before i could write it down. 

i have tried resetting my xbox, my hub, my xbox and hub at the same time, i couldn't resolve the problem by resetting anything. 

i have also tried clearing system cache that didn't do anything either.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Another WiFi using device is interfereing with your WiFi connection between the Xbox and router.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings Platinumgunx!

Appreciate if you can provide a bit more information such as your network equipment, how your console is set up, etc. Please read: START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold). This will provide us with useful information so we can better help you resolve your issue.

Thank you! 

Sorry this didn't help.

i live in Scotland

im using the virgin media super hub (useless piece of .. )  

I am wireless using an official white external adapter adapter single antennae

Things i have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? - my nat type is open

Any Error Codes you encounter: 80072ee2

Who is your ISP? - Virgin media

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000-0021

X:0000-F001

Y:20A8-4840

Z:0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF

L:0015-10F1

Q:8007-0435

T:wireless

D:194.168.4.100, 194.168.100

S:WPA2

C:11

i hope that gives you enough information to help me, i have had very little problems up until now, with problems generally sorting themselves out within the hour or so with the longest being a day.

Sorry this didn't help.

The Superhub is really a Netgear CG3101D, so these web pages may be close enough to help:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/networking-hardware/01-modems-gateways/netgear/f/3204.aspx

and especially the UPnP settings page where you can check on UPnP and turn it on if isn't needed

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/networking-hardware/01-modems-gateways/netgear/f/3204/t/406448.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have a Turtle Beach, Panasonic or MadKatz wireless headset with a transceiver attached to the Xbox? #1 cause of the 2EE2 fail, please disconnect it.

Sorry this didn't help.