Error Code 80072741

Kept getting this error followed steps online.
Got a new error of 8007274c

followed online steps. tried deleteing profile and clearing cache and now it will start to download profile and the freeze part way in then give me a new error and then afterwards tell me it cant connect to the internet.
So I start over get the intenet working try and download profile again and same thing. Now I am stuck. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there! The error code 80072741 refers to XBOX Live having a problem. Either it is down due to system maintenance or your payment had a problem. Here's a couple steps to follow:

1. Check the XBOX Live System Status page by clicking on the link as follows: support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

2. If there are no service alerts, check your connection. It's a good rule of thumb to power cycle your router to maximize your bandwidth.

3. If that doesn't work, check your payment option by clicking on the link as follows: live.xbox.com/.../ManagePaymentOptions

4. If your payment is good and gold (ha! get it?), then contact the awesome XBOX support team and they will get you golden.

Okay, enough with the gold jokes. :D Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ive tried all that. Didnt work.

Tried all the port fowarding walkthroughs.

Now when I connect to live and test connection it wont connect to the internet. but will connect to my router.

BUT if I input my password everytime it will connect to xbox live when tested.

Then I go to download my profile and it stops working and I get two different error codes!

Sorry this didn't help.

Good afternoon all right? I would help you but wanted to know if you arrived restart your modem or router? you can also clear the cache of your console and connect to your ISP to see but I will spend the solutions that are on the website:

Solutions

To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:

Solution 1: Download the update again

Restart the console.

Press the Guide button on the control button (X in the center of the control).

Go to Settings and select System Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network (if requested).

Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Select Yes if you are prompted to update your console software.

If the problem still persists, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Check your connection to Xbox LIVE

If you are having problems connecting or staying connected to Xbox LIVE, see Problems connecting to Xbox LIVE.

Solution 3: Check that you have enough storage space

The software update of the latest console requires at least 190 megabytes (MB) of storage space (256 MB or if you live in Japan). If you do not have enough free space, you need to move or delete some items. See Copy, move or delete content on Xbox 360.

Solution 4: Clear the system cache

Removing temporary files from your console can solve the problem. Follow the instructions in Clean the Xbox 360 system cache and try to download the update again.

Solution 5: Reinsert the storage device

If you're using the Xbox 360 Memory Unit or a USB flash drive instead of a hard drive, remove and reinsert the memory unit or USB flash drive.

If you have a hard drive, try removing and adding the hard drive again.

After replacing the storage device, try downloading the update again.

Solution 6: Copy the update to a USB flash drive, a CD or DVD

If these attempts at solutions do not resolve the problem, copy the console update from your computer on a USB flash drive, a CD or DVD. Install the update on the console. Here's how:

Copy on a USB flash drive

Note The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system.

Connect the USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

Download the update file.

Click Save to save the file. Zip update on the computer console.

Unzip the file:

If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, double-click the file. Zip to unzip it.

If you are using an earlier version of Windows, you must use a special software program to unzip the file (WinZip, for example).

Copy the contents of the file. Zip in the root directory of the USB flash drive.

Unplug the USB flash drive from the computer.

Connect the USB flash drive into a USB port on the Xbox 360 console.

Restart the console.

When the console restarts, the installation program will start automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.

Burn a CD or DVD

You can also download the update to your computer, burn it to a CD or DVD and then install it on the console. Here's how:

On your computer, download the update file.

Click Save to save the file. Zip update on the computer console.

Unzip the file:

If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, double-click the file. Zip to unzip it.

If you are using an earlier version of Windows, you must use a special software program to unzip the file (WinZip, for example).

Insert a blank CD or DVD and recordable computer.

Copy the contents of the file. Zip in the root directory of the CD or DVD and choose to burn the files to disk.

Once the files are written to disk, remove the disk from the computer and insert it into the disc drive of your Xbox 360 console.

Restart the console.

When the console restarts, the installation program will start automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.

If you get the error code xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C000-0001 after you copy the update to a flash drive, a CD or DVD and install this update on the console, contact Xbox Support.

Sorry this didn't help.