Error code 8007045D

Hi ao lately my xbox has been behaving oddly random freeze issues but i had spoken to a woman on the phone through tthe customer support and we fixed it briefly well about an hour ago my xbox froze again and now its saying my harddrives empty ans when i try and recover my gamertag it says "sorry, xbox live profiles cant be downloaded right now" plus the error code 8007045d also i had an update earlier today that none of my xbox friends had gotten please help

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="Pvt Rosemark"]Hi ao lately my xbox has been behaving oddly random freeze issues but i had spoken to a woman on the phone through tthe customer support and we fixed it briefly well about an hour ago my xbox froze again and now its saying my harddrives empty ans when i try and recover my gamertag it says "sorry, xbox live profiles cant be downloaded right now" plus the error code 8007045d also i had an update earlier today that none of my xbox friends had gotten please help

[/quote]That specific error code is related to your hard drive. Try turning off your console, removing it, putting it back in, and turning it back on. If that quick fix doesn't work, you'll have to format your hard drive. This unfortunately wipes it, but it's a fix. 

---

Important When you format a storage device, all of the information saved on that device is erased and cannot be recovered. Make sure that you either do not want the information stored on that device or have backed up the information to another device before you continue.

To format a storage device

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

1. Select Storage or Memory.

1. Select the storage device that you want to rename, and then press Y on your controller.

1. Select Format. You will see the following message:
      This will delete all content on this device. Do you wish to continue?

1. Select Yes to format the storage device.

If you are asked to enter your console serial number, do so, and then select Done. This step helps to guard against accidental formatting.

The console serial number is located on the back of the console and behind the oval door on the front of the console.

Serial number location, Xbox 360 S console Serial number location, original Xbox 360 console

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thats kinda haerd to do now that its not reading the drive at all i pulled it out and everything put it in and started up and the drives not registering

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Pvt Rosemark"]

Thats kinda haerd to do now that its not reading the drive at all i pulled it out and everything put it in and started up and the drives not registering

[/quote]The drive sounds like it's bricked. You'll have to contact Xbox Support or get a new one, it sounds like. Contact Support first, however.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your hard drive is indeed messed up in some way and it needs to be replaced.

If the hard drive came inside your console and your console is still under warranty then it would be a free exchange. If the hard drive was purchased separately then it only has a 90 day warranty on it, and if it's been over that then you'd need to purchase a new one. If your console is out of warranty then it's going to cost you the amount of a new hard drive which is around $129.

You can check your consoles warranty status and the cost of the hard drive by filling out a service request here.

Sorry this didn't help.