error code: 80048821

hi I have been getting this error code for some time now I can bypass the error code by pressing the big x button but now it is just not working I have changed my password deleted my account and re-downloaded it I have cleared my cache I have done a lot and still nothing so please help me out!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Is it asking you to sign in with your email and password and when you do, it then gives you the error code?

-

If this is the case, then if you can log in at account.live.com, you need to change some of the security proofs on the account. I suggest adding an extra email or phone number and then changing the security question on the account. Once these changes have been made, delete the profile, clear your system cashe twice, and then redownload. After that, all should be good.

-

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I mya hve a resolution for this, Delete system update and Clear the System Cache before redownloading.

In order to perform this you will have to go to your storage selection screen. on the dashboard go to the right to settings-click system-storage- on the storage screen press lb, rb, x, lb, rb, x.

this will cause your xbox to restart and redownload the update. AFter it downloads go back to your storage units-select the storage unit with your profile on it-go into the profile folder and delete your profile (DO NOT DELETE ITEMS) just the profile.

afterwards go back to storage selection screen-highlight the storage unit that had your profile on it and press y-click clear system cache.

Turn your xbox off, turn it on after a few seconds and downlozd your profile-press the guide button (the silver button in the middle of the controller) and choose download profile. You must not be logged in to a gamertag in order to do this.

After downloading you should be able to access your account. I hope this helps. let me know.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had similar problems with error messages for days.

I followed your steps and it worked. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.