Error code 80048821

This is telling me :

"password is incorrect or email isn't associated with an xbox live account"

I tried about 10 times to enter my email and my password (the right one without caps), it never worked. just to made sure nobody changed it, I change it myself so I could try again. Nothing worked, I still cannot connect to xbox live. I saw that there's an issue right now for some people who can't connect to xbox live. Is this related?

(sorry for the medium english)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If you have TWC or Comcast on the east coast, they are having internal issues with their servers that wont allow XBL connectivity. They hope to have this issue fixed by tomorrow. Verizon in Texas is also having issues. Also Armstrong internet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is there a failure when you run the Test Xbox Live Connection test? No, it connects OK?
There you have a profile or account problem. See http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/p/515139/2417781.aspx#2417781

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried the Test Xbox Live Connection and it was OK. But @FatCowKiller, I'd like to know what isTWC and Comcast, internet companies?If yeah I'm not with one of those.

Sorry this didn't help.

TWC = Time Warner Cable, an Internet Service Provider.

Comcast = the ISP who just bought NBC.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, so I updated everything in my account security proofs and I'm still getting this message ...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there ZoMbI MaXxX!

Sorry to hear you're unable to sign into your gamertag, often times this is related to account security. First why don't you read THIS support article about updating your account security. Once you have a good idea of what you need to update you can go to https://account.live.com/proofs/manage and login to your account. Here you can check your account proofs and add or confirm anything that may need updated.

Once you update your account I'd recommend clearing your system cache and redownloading the profile to ensure an up-to-date copy is on the Xbox. To do this follow these simple steps:

Clear System Cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Re-Download Profile

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  2. Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
  3. Enter the Microsoft Account address for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
  4. Enter the Password for the Microsoft Account.
  5. If your account is an Xbox LIVE Child Account, the Parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
  6. Pick the Storage Device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit.)
  7. When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to Remember Your Password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!
  8. Sign In, and retry.

Let us know how that goes for you. If you are still having issues please let us know and we can look into the problem further.

Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank IAmThePartyGod, it works!

Sorry this didn't help.

Awesome!

Go ahead and mark that answer as verified so the official support knows we got this taken care of. And if you have any further questions for the community feel free to ask away!

Sorry this didn't help.