Error code 396B - 397F - 1380 - 0702 - C000 - 0099 after attempting new update.

This afternoon, I turned on my xbox, thinking to play more mass effect 3. I get a message saying to update the system, or it won't connect to live. I do so, and it fails partway through with the error code 396B - 397F - 1380 - 0702 - C000 - 0099. I shrug, thinking it must be a *** up somewhere up high that will be fixed, and try to play my game in offline mode. The disk, rather than loading the game, goes to the screen, and settings, it would show if you put in a movie in the disk tray, and none of the options do anything. On researching the code, it turns out that C000 - 0099 means I have tampered with my Xbox...which is utter bullcrap. The most "tampering" I have ever done with it is plugging in the wireless reciever on the back of it. over a year ago. NOTHING has been done to this console besides pushing the power and disk buttons. I am a very unsatisfied customer right now, as my x-box is quite literally useless as of right now. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Edit: Never mind...I'm a moron. Turns out my father, who also plays on it, had gotten a minor error earlier, and took it to a friend in town to repair...thus breaching the case and ivalidating it. Well damn.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear of that particular error, Yapper. You're certainly not a moron - you didn't know! I can definitely understand your reaction in that case. :) Unfortunately as you are aware this console will no longer be able to connect to LIVE. You can certainly still use your console to play games offline, however! In order to do so, you can follow the instructions under that particular error code here: support.xbox.com/.../software-update-errors

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.