Error code 0x80a40002, Can not add my account to xbox one

I have been getting this error message for hours now and have tried many tricks that have been discussed on this forum.

What i am trying to do-

I just got my xbox one to my apartment and set the system up, going through the tutorial, and setting up my internet connection. It said my wireless connection was all good and that my NAT was open

Then i went to sign in and "add new" account to this xbox one and it gave me Error code 0x80a40002 (Just so you xbox support staff know, when you type that code into the error codes page on this website it doesn't bring anything up)

Basic information-

I am an xfinity customer in massachusettes

I have a 2 in 1 modem and wireless routerv(supplied by xfinity comcast)

I have control of my network settings via admin

What I have done-

1) Plugged my xbox one via cat5 cable to my modem, then reset the cache on xbox one and it still gave the same error code

2) Hotspotted my droid cellphone to have an open network with no security that i connected my xbox one to. Reset xbox one. Still the same error code

3) Went back to original wireless network, went through admin options, put security at its lowest, went to parental controls and made the xbox one a trusted device. Reset the xbox one. Still same error code.

I've given you all pertinent information, can someone please give me more advice as to what to do next?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

bump

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Help, please

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.