I just got a challenge when logging in to Xbox live for my username/password. Upon successfully entering a username and password combo, I got error 831188FE. I followed the instructions and deleted my profile, re-downloaded my profile and restarted my console. It gave the same error. I re-read the instruction and saw that I also need to clear my system cache three times. I then repeated the steps and was able to log in. So my questions are:
1. Why is it suddenly asking for my username/password when it hasn't in nine years?
2. Why, when entering a correct password, do I still get an error?
3. How often is it going to ask me for my username/password?
4. Will it continue to give me an error when I enter the correct username and password and will I still have to:
- Delete My Profile
- Clear the system cache three times
- re-download my profile
- Re-start my console?
Also, the error message directs you to account.live.com for "Help." However, upon signing in, there is no "Help" link of help or any indication that there is a problem, just my account details. Could you please let me know for the future where on account.live.com I should go for sign-in help for xbox live?
Thank you for your prompt attention.