Error 83118853

Same as everyone else. 2 days frustrating searching for the answer to the 83118853 enigma. Very grateful for other posts on forum confirming this is a MS issue. 2 other users in our house are working fine Adding my voice to urge resolution by MS

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

MS really stinks - after waiting 35 minutes for chat service. spent 30 minutes with the useless chat person. they then "escalated" me to tier 3 service. and literally told me to wait by the phone for contact by tier 3. I then asked when I could expect a call - the answer: "within a week"

They were serious.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings!

Could I have you both try this temporary solution until there is a permanent fix.

When your child attempt to sign in to Xbox LIVE with his/her child account and being prompted with error code 83118853, try the steps up front for a short term solution and let us know how that goes. 

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller). This will sign you out and take you back to Social screen.
  2. Start a game.
  3. Go through the process of verifying e-mail and password.
  4. When given the option to remember password, select No, to remember password.
  5. When prompted with error code 83118853, press Xbox Guide button on your controller.

This should take you back, signed in to LIVE, to whatever game you have selected to play.

Bear in mind, this is a short term fix! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.