Error 83118853 re-authorisation impossible as site returns an error

My son currently has this error after his login when I follow the steps to reauthorise as a parent my login states that the site is temporarily unavailable try later Please can you resolve and reinstate the fact that we have lost service on Xbox live Robert McCausland

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

According to xbox support status page, all website services appear to be up and running.  Perhaps you should try the site again a little later or perhaps from another computer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just tried it again get the following error on re authorisation been getting it all day

There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there.

It doesn't seem like all regions' Status Pages are saying the same thing, but this is taken from the GB page:

[quote]

Are you having issues signing into a child account? Our team is actively engaged and investigating this issue. In the meantime, try visiting support.xbox.com/.../contact-us, which will provide you with the contact information to help you with a temporary work around for the issue. Thanks for all your patience. We will update you as soon we have more information. [/quote]

I hope this helps.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have had the same error on my sons account :( now i dont know if its just me being a woman or not but I have no idea of the steps to reathourise his account.

Please help :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Call Support, their details at this link:

support.xbox.com/contact-us

They should have the latest information on the situation (as per my previous post) and apparently even a temporary workaround while the bigger issue gets resolved.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xboxsupport tweeted a workaround to me last night after I made a more public complaint on twitter. Guess what that workaround didn't work got to a screen which asked me to check that I have provided full name or dob both of which Microsoft already have.

My irritation is growing and hope Microsoft will be reimbursing me once they rectify this.

Unhappy customer.......

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried the contact number no work around offered requested a ticket number to track outage for refund purposes

Sorry this didn't help.

Out of curiosity, what was the workaround they told you?

Sorry this didn't help.

Error 83118853 occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox Live using a child account

You see the following error and message when you try to sign in to Xbox Live using a child account:

Before you can sign in here, you'll need to sign in at Xbox.com.

An adult will also need to sign in so they can give permission.

Code: 83118853

This means that the parent account must provide permission for each associated child account (under age 13) before the child can access Xbox Live.

Starting today some U.S. child accounts (under 13) will no longer be able to log into their Xbox 360 (in some instances Xbox Music on Windows 8 or 8.1) until a parent verifies the child account on Xbox.com.  All new child accounts will be required to verify that an adult is giving permission to a child to create a new Xbox Live account.

As part of our continued effort to provide the best possible experience for our customers around the world, Microsoft issued a global update. In connection with this update and the recent launch of Xbox One, Microsoft reviewed Xbox Live’s processes for online account creation and use (including existing accounts) by children (under 13) to ensure ongoing compliance with the recently amended Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).   COPPA requires that prior to gathering personal information from a child (under 13), providers of online services obtain verifiable parental consent from the child’s parent. Microsoft and Xbox Live comply with the COPPA regarding online account creation for children under age 13.  The most common method allowed by COPPA for gathering parental consent is charging a small amount to the parent’s credit card. We charge 50 cents for this verification. These charges aren’t refundable

Sorry this didn't help.

Advice was go update location (city, country) information on my account and my sons. Problem is I can do my own location update but I can't do my sons as it bounces back to me for a re-authorisation each time I go into my sons account. Seems like a change has forced a deadlock condition, very irritating. Was obvious from my call that people don't ask for refunds when they have problems.

Sorry this didn't help.