ERROR 80154023 When changing email account

I have a BRAND new @outlook email account that isn't associated with any Xbox anything... I'm trying to change my old email associated with my xbox live account to this new email and I keep getting the error code 80154023. It says on the screen to go to xbox.com/errorhelp for, well...help, but no error code exists apparently. It should be as simple as swapping out the emails but of course, it isn't.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello Rivervale! I do apologize for this issue, I would suggest getting in touch with Xbox Customer Support as the error code you are getting is not listed. They should be able to get the information and possible solutions to your issue.

-

There are a few ways you can get in touch with Support.

-

Contact Us

Follow the Contact Us link I provided, and you can choose one of two options, Chat with Microsoft Support or Request a Call from Support.

-

If you would like to you can also call.

Xbox Customer Support US&Canada:

1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269) If this is not the correct number for your region, let me know what country you live in and I will provide the correct number to you!

I hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've already chatted with someone last month about it and it was no real help. What should be a simple task is unnecessarily tedious and frustrating. It's been 3 months now I've been trying to change it. And I'm aware of the silly 30 day cycle involved. Well, thanks anyway.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there River! Are you able to log in to http://accounts.live.com with your @outlook address? Do you get any errors or messages there? Also, have you tried any other Microsoft Accounts with your Gamertag to see if those work? If they also don't work there may be a larger issue with your profile. Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.