Error 80153410

I Have been an xbox live member for over 8 years with the same account.  I received a 2000 point card for christmas and was attempting to download a game add-on when this error popped up.  I punched it in and it says my account has been banned.

About 3 months ago my account security was suspect and someone tried to steal my account.  Luckily the e-mail alerts kept me from losing the account.  They were able to download a game and purchase points using my account.  This has been the only thing that has been suspicious that I can recall.

I have never made a modification or hacked a game for any reason.  I would really like some explanation as to why I can't even use points already on the console. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Is it telling you your account has been suspended until a certain date or that it is suspended due to an issue with your payment methods? If it is the first issue, there is nothing that can be done. If it is the latter however, I would advised to contact support and have them take a look at the account. It could possible still be locked from the investigation or there could be a billing issue on the account that would be stopping that code from being redeemed correctly.

To contact support, please go to this page: support.xbox.com/.../contact-us or if you don't want to setup a call, o to this page: support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

The easiest way to get to support is the toll free number, however be aware that right now there is about a 30-45 minute wait time as billing support is fairly busy today.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.