Error 80151901 - Is there a solution yet??

I've done plenty of searching and none of the suggestions I've found on the internet have worked. I have an original white 360, build date 2006, with a black 802.11n wi-fi adapter. I get the "there is a problem with your connection" message whenever I try to connect to my university's wireless network. The Xbox has worked fine here for the last 6 months, but I started having this problem 3 days ago. When I go home again, I will take my Xbox and try it there, but that won't be for another couple weeks.

I've tried resetting all my network settings, redoing initial setup, and clearing the system cache.  I even tried connecting to an ad-hoc network with my laptop to share the laptop's wired connection, and the Xbox gave me the same error (My iPod connected to the ad-hoc network and got online no problem). Is there a fix for this problem?? All the other post's I've seen were from October or November, have those people found solutions? It's strange the problem got me late like this. Any input would be rgeatly appreciated. If you need any more info I'd be happy to provide it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Error 80151901 occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox Live  ( support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup )

Problem:

You see the following error message when you try to sign in to Xbox Live:

Your console can't connect to Xbox Live. Do you want to exit this session and test your network connection? If you are playing a game, you will lose any unsaved progress.

Status code: 80151901

This may mean that your Xbox Live profile is corrupt.

Steps to Solutions:

Solution 1: Delete the profile that’s stored on your Xbox console

To delete the profile that’s stored on your Xbox console:

1.Go to Settings and select System.

2.Select Storage.

3.Select All Devices.

4.Select Gamer Profiles.

5.Select the gamertag that you want to delete.

6.Select Delete.

7.Select Delete Profile Only. (This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.)

Solution 2: Clear the system cache

Note Repeat these steps three times.

1.Press the Guide button on your controller.

2.Go to Settings and select System Settings.

3.Select Storage or Memory.

4.Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)

5.Select Clear System Cache.

6.When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Solution 3: Download your profile again

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the link, I don't know how it didn't come up on the first page of google.

However, I tried these steps and had no luck. I deleted my profiles (actually moved them to a thumb drive so I wouldn't be stuck when this doesn't work), cleared the cache a bunch of times, turned the system off for a few minutes, then try to redownload my profile and still unable to connect to the network. I should note that I also tried with my other, silver, live profile, and with my hard drive removed completely from the system.

What else can be the issue here? Hardware? Something suddenly changing in the school's network? I doubt that; my roommate's ps3 is still working fine on the same network, and I haven't heard any complaints from other xbox users here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you able to borrow someone's wireless connector (the one that connects to the back of your Xbox) to test if yours might be getting ready to go completely out?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll try to get ahold of another one to test, and report back.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem as others for last couple of days, every so often I do get online for a couple of seconds, then kicked off again with the 80151901 error message

Followed the instructions above, tried to redownload my profile but can't as my xbox can't get a connection, despite the fact that everything else operating off the signal  it is working fine.

Anyone got any ideas???

Sorry this didn't help.

MOOGIE101 -- When you do the test connection do you get any error messages?

Also, Please feel free to Private Message by clicking the envelope symbol below.

Sorry this didn't help.

That sounds like an internet connectivity issue, especially if you bridge your connection between your Xbox and your computer.  I had this problem ALL the time until I reset my bridge settings, and I haven't had a problem connecting since.  The internet is a weird thing :P

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings H0meBOy!
Could it be that your university's network is now using the 802.1X, to provide an authentication method for wireless connectivity?

If you haven't already, go into Xbox network settings and select Configure Network. Select the Additional Settings tab and Restore network settings to factory defaults

Turn off your console and disconnect your wireless network adapter. Reconnect everything and turn on your console and reconnect to your wireless network.

Go to Xbox network settings and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection and let us know where your console fails to connect to LIVE.

Make sure the status light on the adapter shows a solid green light. Alternatively, try plug in your wireless network adapter to different USB port on your console.

Post back and let us know how that goes and we'll go from there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well this is a late reply but I'm reporting back. This issue persisted for about a week, until one day I turned on the xbox and it connected to the network automatically. I hadn't fiddled with anything the previous few days. It continued to work fine for a few weeks at school, and I took it home for a week and it worked fine with the wi-fi network there. Just today I turned on the Xbox and the error (80151901) is back again. I haven't changed anything since I last used it successfully over the weekend.

I haven't found any other suggestions as to how to fix this problem. It is quite frustrating.  My only guess would be that the wireless adapter is failing, although from what I've seen, the first reports of this error are from within the last 6 months. If anyone has any other solutions, that would be great. Otherwise, I don't play much anyway and hopefully it starts working again in a week.

Krigare13 - I don't normally bridge the connection, I just did that so I could test the Xbox's connection capabilities with another network.

taidara - My school actually has two wireless networks; one totally unsecured, visitor network that I use the Xbox on, and the main network that's secured with WPA2 Enterprise, which the Xbox doesn't support. Both are 802.11n. The test fails when trying to connect to the wireless network, not the internet. The adapter has a solid green light.

Here is the error status report from the network test:

W: 0000-0021

X: 4080-7001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 0000-0000

ID: 0001-0003

L: 8015-1901

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wireless

A: 169.254.195.96/255.255.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0

D: 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0

N: UMBC Visitor

S: No Security

C: 11

Sorry this didn't help.

If its possible, I would suggest an Ethernet solution, instead of wireless, in order to simplify further troubleshooting.

Keep us posted!

Sorry this didn't help.