Error 80072EF3

I am another with this problem. I have switched my Xbox off and on again, cleared the cache more times than I care to remember, deleted and redownloaded my profile (whilst clearing the cache what felt like another 100 times). I read the troubleshooting page which said my account may not be secure enough. This could be the problem as my Xbox has been telling me this for months. However, I have given every email address and phone number I have to "make my account more secure" and I have quite a few. I have even done this multiple times, but I just tells me I have already entered that particular address/phone number. I have no idea what else I can do.

My profile won't even register offline, meaning any game I try to play cannot read an active profile. This means my 360 is now pretty much useless.

My Xbox one does not have any problems signing into the same account, and no security issue has ever been mentioned on it.

Any help would be appreciated

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:
Answer

Hi there, if you believe it to be security related have you ever put two security proofs on the account and verified them? It sometimes has issues doing this through the console so try following the link and clicking 'Manage your security info' and sign-in to check your proofs: support.xbox.com/.../add-security-proof

-

Sometimes you will still receive an error after completing the above so if that happens delete the profile from the console (profile only), clear the system cache, restart the console and re-download your profile.

Delete and re-download profile: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

Clear cache: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.