Error 800704DC

my xbox live expired today and i wasnt online yesterday but now im having the same problem as others with the error i tried downloading it and it  disappeared from my console and before that when i signed in it would not connect to live. other profiles work fine and ive no clue what to do

help plz?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same here. My profile hasn't been able to connect to Xbox Live ever since it expired March 22nd. I thought nothing of it because I didn't plan to renew until April came but when I tried to sign in again it still wouldn't let me. I recovered my old account from 3 years ago with no problem and it would let it sign in to Xbox Live with no problem, however I deleted my main account (but not its saves) and tried to recover it and I get the same error code 800704DC as you... Now I can't even play Skyrim until this is fixed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, mobius and ATransgenderMom! I understand you two are having some issues downloading your profile. We'll get this sorted. One thing that can help is to simply log in at https://login.live.com and see if any error appear. If everything looks good there, try plugging in your Xbox to your modem and see if that helps resolve the problem.

If that doesn't work, try resetting your WLID password by following the directions here: forums.xbox.com/.../153168.aspx. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sorry this didn't help.

Neither worked. Trust me, I've tried almost every tip that the support forums have suggested. From port forwarding to power cycling all my network equipment, none of it worked. I've been researching the issue earlier today for about 3 hours and from my conclusion this whole thing has something to do with Xbox Live membership time remaining and/or automatic monthly billing. For me (and many other forums users I've seen) this issue has happened after our memberships have run out of gold and we have turned off the automatic renewal and removed credit cards from our accounts. I can't say if this is for everyone, but I've seen a vast majority of this problem happening to people like us.

Anyways, it couldn't possibly be my network at all seeing as how I could download my 3 year old profile that hasn't had a credit card on it ever without any problems unlike my main account which has had a credit card on it for maybe over 4 months. Seems like a problem on Microsofts end.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have also researched this phenomenon and have hit walls sorry guys no dice on the account but since i dont have gold anymore i will be playing my neglected bass while you all look into the matter GOOD LUCK  and thanks for getting back so quickly :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings again to the thread. Very sorry to hear those steps didn't help resolve the problem. At this point I would recommend getting in touch with phone support for your region about the issue. They should be able to assist you further in this matter. My apologies we couldn't get this solved over the forums. Keep me posted and please let me know if you have any further questions!

Sorry this didn't help.

talked to tech support yesterday. really nice people they said they would look into it and would contact me when thy worked it out so now we play the waiting game. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

if your acct is silver, upgrade your subscription to gold from the website, then you will be able to download the profile to the xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

im back  thanks guys tell the tech ninjas i said bravo!

mr darcy thanks for the quick respond and  patience

AT mom hope you get online soon!

Sorry this didn't help.

i just solved this issue.  if you get error code 800704dc when trying to download profile, you probably have an xbox live free acct. upgrade your acct to gold from the website, then voila, you will be able to download it.

Sorry this didn't help.

bringing this back, i just renewed a 12 month membership about a month ago, and this happens to me, while i have LIVE! now its telling me i only have silver, which sorry but i find to be BS...

Sorry this didn't help.