error 8007045d- profiles can't be downloaded

Turned on xbox this afternoon and my profile info on my system is gone. I've tried to dl profile to my system but keep getting that 8007045d error....whats that and how do I get back on my system?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Hi Lousy Geezer - Can you please check your XBOX 360 Storage device to check if the gamer profile has become corrupted (if it has been you will see a yellow exclamation mark next to the profile).

Please check that by going to the XBOX 360 Dashboard > Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Gamer Profiles. If it is corrupted, then please select the profile and select Delete, a popup will come up asking if you'd like to delete just the profile or profile plus items. Make sure that you are selecting Delete Profile Only.

After you have done that push the middle button on your XBOX 360 controller and go to Download Profile, enter in your Windows Live ID and password and it will start to re-download your profile and you should be good to go.

Let us know if that worked out for you :).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hard drive was shot....and as fate would have it soon after posting this our second xbox up and died so I swapped HDDs and it working for now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.