Error 06-2E-00

Just curious does, anyone know what this error message means excatly?

Researching it all I found was people on ISO forums, yet my console isn't modified internally or externally so and troublesorting hasn't resolved the issue, should I send it in for repair?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 74 Applies to:

oh and it's not the Alan wake disc itself, I've seen the game run on 2 other consoles.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Bicolor - I actually asked you on another thread, but let's keep to this one for this. :) Where are you seeing this error code exactly, and what are you doing when you see it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Soz for the late reply, not sure if this will get seen. Yeah I tried everything included on all the support pages I could find. I've been kinda dreading having to send my xbox in again so I kinda just kept using my bad disk drive. I take pretty good care of my disks, my battlefield 3 is in great condition but I need to restart my console sometimes up to 15 times just to get it to read(once I tried for about an hour to get it to run lol). The disk drive seems to be able to read the disc fine if the game is installed on HDD in most cases and this is probably why my halo games still run. All the games that failed to read on my xbox I tried in my brothers xbox and they all ran first time as well. I've put it off for about 4 months but I still don't want to send it in again, but now it's kinda getting annoying and I think worse so I will probably have to,

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Reaperfang. If you went through the guides that Miss Kleo posted back in May and the issue persists, it's a good bet that you'll need to send your console in for a repair. If you need any assistance in this department I'd recommend taking a look at this support article titled "How to get your Xbox product repaired". It will help guide you through the process of setting up a repair.

Sorry this didn't help.

I get the same thing when I try to put in certain games in my xbox, not very happy since I recently sent an xbox in to get fixed and got this one back and it's not very good at all.... -.- mine is a "returned fixed" (but obviously not my old one) xbox 360 elite and I get the 06-2e-00 error when I put certain games in the disc tray. For example my game Alan Wake, it's a game I recently got back off my friend and have been wanting to play for ages. I put the disc in the xbox, close the disc tray and then the xbox proceeds to sit there and try read the damn disc for about 2 damn minutes till it's like "DISC UNREADABLE" and gives me that error code. Then with other games like Skyrim it boots the game just fine-ish (i've noticed this xbox is kinda slow and not the best). My xbox is not modded in any way and I like to think I take extremely good care of it. So it kinda makes me mad when *** like this happens... Will probably ring my xbox customer support but I know they will probably try to make me pay for their mistakes and that will just make me mad as hell.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Reaperfang! I'm sorry you've been having disc read errors, I'm afraid what you're describing does usually indicate you need a disc tray repair. Have you run through this disc tray solution guide as well as read through our sticky post on disc issues? Let us know, thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

try doing these steps

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-06-2e-00

mine is better soar now that i cleared the catch.  

i also have a new laser on the way from amazon, it was about 10 bucks. im gunna keep it around in case the problem comes back. i saw you tube tutorials on how to replace it yourself and it doesn'tr seem to hard.

Sorry this didn't help.