Epic Fail

Well that's just it - Epic Fail - spend a whole sodding day pratting around waiting for one game to install itself OFFLINE as suggested. Once it was installed I connected back to online then it wanted to update the game so more hours went by until I almost too a sodding sledgehammer to this pile of junk....

It might not be an issue to some people but when you have kids screaming on Christmas Day cos they cant get on their new Xbox it is VERY VERY annoying!!

Cant even start playing a game when its part installed as its claimed you can do - total joke!

Microsoft should hang their heads in shame with this pile of crap - I sincerely hope some kind of patch will be coming out to speed it up - if not them I will dump this garbage and get a PS4

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm sorry you feel like you've been let down. Games on the Xbox One install rather quickly for myself, plus I'm able to play them once 10% of the game has been installed. So I can't really comment on the the frustrations you're having as they are not happening to everyone. Have you by chance installed the day one patch? Also, is there any reason why you're installing games offline?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

installing offline as that's whats suggested on this  forum - install offline THEN go online and let it run any game update. Supposed to make it faster - NOT. Not sure where you are from but in the UK most people have a broadband speed of between 1 and 3 mbps which of course Microsoft didn't take into account when forcing us to do everything online!!

It is insane that its been a full day and still the game isn't fully installed, also they claim you can start playing after a certain amount of installation but mine wont let me do that!!  - looks like this is going on EBay tomorrow and I'll be off to get a PS4 which reviews state on average a game takes less that 1 minute to install from the disk - not a full day!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm from the UK. I live in Cambridge. I don't think I've ever had a broadband speed of 1-3mbps although that's not the issue and I don't know your background so will not assume. What I will ask again though is, did you manage to install the day one patch?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sure you have networking issues, internet issues or an Ethernet port issue.  It doesn't take that long.

So many of these issues in regards to slow updates are because of your internet/network.

Do you have ports open for XBL?  What is your speed?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's Christmas Day, the servers get hammered no matter what system you are on today...if you had a PS4 it would be the same exact thing. Give it some time, it's to be expected on such a high volume day.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well it took a FULL DAY to install RYSE offline, I then went online to download the update, several hours later it was done. The Internet speeds locally are bloody awful and of course MS don't take that into consideration at all!!. I have never had anything above 3mbps and wont until someone gets off their backside and installs fiber broadband in our town (few years away yet) but I digress.....

This morning I managed to install Dead Rising in just under 2 hours, now looking at the size of the update I'll be lucky if its all downloaded by tomorrow night at least!!

What a total sodding joke this new system is. Think I will be sticking to my 360 - pop the disk in and the game starts straight away - that's how its supposed to work Microsoft you idiots!

Only other alternative is to NEVER connect the XBoxOne online so it can never update games - but then whats the bloody point of it lol.

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand your frustration but you can't really blame Microsoft for your internet connection. Maybe contact your ISP and ask if there is any way you can squeeze out a bit more download speed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nothing can be done about the connection until they install fibre broadband so in the meantime I like many many others are stuck with this situation. Its just crazy

Sorry this didn't help.

We have had the exact same problem with CoD Ghosts.  All day downloading/installing - still not working!!  Really don't know what to do.  Internet is absolutely fine.  Got 33mbs dl speed.  Game appears to be on some sort of loop.  You press to play,  it doesn't work and it then renders the whole xbox unplayable as it keeps going back to CoD.  Tried diconnecting the wifi but that does nothing.  Can anyone please please help??

Sorry this didn't help.

Neenips. Turn off the xbox and unplug it from the wall to make sure it's not just going into a power save mode. Plug it in and turn it back on. Be ready to wait as the initial boot up is much longer than the faster resume mode.

Sorry this didn't help.