Entertainment for All Billing

So today I received an e-mail saying that due to an internal error I had not been billed for Xbox Live via my Entertainment for all 2 year contract plan and would be charged for each missed month tomorrow. I contacted customer support by phone because I was not aware I hadn't been charged and cannot afford to be charged for multiple months tomorrow. They told me that all Entertainment for All customers are being sent a paper bill tomorrow and no credit cards will be charged.

However the e-mail specifically states that my credit card will be charged separately for each missed month tomorrow. They reassured me that this is not the case and I'll receive a paper bill so no payment will be due tomorrow.

Which is the case? If they try to charge the card on my account tomorrow it won't go through as I was not expecting this charge, I was under the impression I had been paying every month. Will my contract be canceled and will I be charged an early termination fee?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi,

No, your contract isn't cancelled. With these entertainment for all plans they suspend your ability to use the console until the bill is paid.

You can always take a look at the billing site here to see if you have been charged for anything and for how much. This site also shows you when a charge doesn't go through. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah I haven't been billed since July. Now somehow I managed to delete all of my payment options so under the subscritption on 'my account' it says 2 year xbox live gold contract, paid with: None. And there's no way to add anything back. I added payment options again and I can't click 'apply to subscription' on any of them. That button is gone.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's certainly weird... An active membership plan shouldn't have allowed you to remove any sort of payment options. I think it would be best if you reach out to phone support and speak with the billing department. You should be able to do so by visiting this page here and going through the Request a Call route.

Sorry this didn't help.

In order to re-add your card to the contract you would need to call support. Be aware though, if it is re-added it will charge that moment. If you default on the payment and you are unable to be charged your contract will be cancelled and your xbox will not be able to be used again. I am also not aware of Xbox EVER sending a paper bill. That is why you received an email. This is a web based service and communications are sent that way as well.

If you have concerns , definitely contact support again. 1-800-4-MY-XBOX ( 1-800-469-9269) or request a call by clicking here ...

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.