Enough consoles to go around?

Just read this on a foreign website, basically it looks like Sony may be having problems making enough PS4's to go around. A well known (well known in Switzerland anyway) retailer has been told they are only receiving 6 (yep 6) PS4's up too and including Christmas.

Now I know the Swiss market isn't the biggest in the world, but still, six?

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xboxfront.de%2Fnews-32-38176-News-Xbox-360.html&act=url I just hope we don't start hearing similar stories about the Xbox One.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think MS is going to get this right. They know they will be outsold by PS4 and, I think, will make sure enough consoles are produced.

*I hope so anyway.

If that report is to be believed though, that one store alone had 20,000 pre-orders, and they are only being given 6 consoles (3 at launch and 3 before Christmas) Now I'm not saying that its going to be like that everywhere, I'm sure the US and the UK will be fine, but smaller less important markets? may have problems.

Basically what I'm saying is that Sony may have more pre-orders, but can they actually FILL those pre-orders, from this piece of news they cant.

Look at the news coming out of Brazil, a PS4 at launch there will cost roughly 1,800 US dollars, whereas an Xbox One will cost roughly 1,000 US dollars.  

www.gamespot.com/.../1100-6415637

Is it me or are things starting too unravel for Sony?

Do you honestly think sony would have given switzerlands biggest game retailers 6 consoles???? 6 for the biggest game retailer in the country??? Would it even be worth it for sony to even ship 6 consoles to the country. lol the stupidity on these forums!!! look at the website the article is on too!!! its like reading misterxmedias site were he tells his merry band of followers the most absurd stuff and they all lap it up. his new one is that watchdogs was cancelled on all platforms because they were having such a hard time making it work on ps4..

also as you can see in the article, the reason it is so high is because of import fees and high taxes. i do believe microsoft produce consoles in brazil, so maybe this is the reason for the difference!

Neither company will have "Enough to go around". People are searching everywhere to preorder.

If the XB1 release is anything like the XBOX360 they should be fine. They did a worldwide release of the XBOX360 with very little shortage issue. Most of the box stores in the United States had systems available to the general public the day of the release and for many weeks after. Hopefully the XB1 release will go as smooth.

[quote user="Shaggy2000"]

Look at the news coming out of Brazil, a PS4 at launch there will cost roughly 1,800 US dollars, whereas an Xbox One will cost roughly 1,000 US dollars.  

[/quote]

This has nothing to do with Sony and everything to do with Brazil's tariffs 

[quote user="Ky3217"]

[quote user="Shaggy2000"]

[/quote]

This has nothing to do with Sony and everything to do with Brazil's tariffs 

[/quote]

I never said it did have anything to do with Sony, I'm positive the reason for the inflated price is Brazils high import duty that is levied on the PS4.  What I was saying is that in the last week or so things have gone badly for Sony, first with delayed games, then with rumours of consoles overheating and now with the price of a PS4 in Brazil? seems Sony could do with some good news about now.

false...I couldnt find a 360 til january and I paid 500 for arcade console off of ebay

Brazil also has only 10000 PS4 consoles available at launch.  Seems like this kitty character is on reading the Mister media x website more then anybody here.  Kitty there is a website for you called SonyGAF. Enjoy!