energy saving mode and instant on

Hello everyone,

I just received my Xbox a couple of days ago and I am so glad I purchased it over the PS4 first.     I love the UI, speed, and although I thought the Kinect voice controls were a bit gimicky, I am really getting used to it and getting benefits from its speed.  Very exciting system and fun to work with.  

Quick Q.  I tried searching for this answers, forgive me if it has been answered.   

I am wondering which mode is best for the overall life of the system, Instant On or Energy saving.  I have heard that computers benefit from sleep mode etc. and this saves the life of a system vs a cold boot up.   Would this be the case for the Xbox One?

Thanks.

Jeff C

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Both have thier plus' and minus'. Instant on stops the initial surge of power rushing through the system (PSU mainly) at switch on, which can wear certain electronic components over time. But, the hard drive and PSU are continuously in use, especially if updating and content downloading is active in the background, more wear. All this uses more power over time also.

Turning it off completely saves power over time, saves wear and tear on the drive and PSU, but introduces the surge at turn on.

It is up to the individual as to which they chose. I always turn my electronic goods off at the mains completely to save as much power as I can. But then lose the convienence of Instant on and background updates and downloads.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.