Enduring Parental Lock

I was just wondering why the parental lock, which wasn't even requested at account creation, persists despite the account age reaching adulthood?

I have held a windows live account for a good 8-9 years via the @hotmail.com domain, and held an Xbox Live account for 3-4 years. I was a minor when the Xbox account was created, however have since been well into adulthood.

My account subscription lapsed a good year ago and I recently went to reactivate my account for a few games I was interested in. In doing this, I had to accept new terms and conditions, which couldn't be done without a parental email address.

I had not come across this a problem earlier when I played in adulthood as I never required the parental lock to be opened. This confused me, so I checked my Windows Live account details and confirmed that they clearly show I am in adulthood.

I contacted support via chat, which required me to wait 45 minutes, however all they told me to do was to get my parents details, which isn't really possible at the moment, and told me things will be 'smooth as silk'.

So thank you Xbox for treating me as though I'm mentally challenged and cannot control what content I view, and I hope I don't have to wipe my @@@ with the paper you consider 'smooth as silk'.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hey there, xAMx Frigate. Very sorry to hear about your situation! This does sound frustrating and I do apologize for the inconvenience. Is there a time when it would be more feasible to get the information from your parents? If you need help identifying the email address, you can find it out through the following steps:

1. Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag on your console.

2. Go to Settings and select Online Safety.

3. Select an item to change and select Save.

4. You are then prompted for your parent’s permission to make the change. The parent Microsoft account is displayed on the password entry screen.

Let me know if this helps and if your parents are able to help. Once they have the account's email address they should be able to reset the password pretty easily.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.