endless sign on screen

Recovered my game tag due to various issues now every time I try to connect to XBOX live my sign on screen goes and goes and goes. I had posted this last night but cant seem to locate my OP so trying again.Of RedRiver it was not showing any acheivement details (if you opened acheivements from guide button nothing showed up at all, just a message that said something like "Earn acheivements by playing games, earned achivemements show up here, blah blah blah") I also put in another game, did an update and it didnt show up at all in game history or acheivement history.

I was advised by another source to recover my gamer tag. DId it, at the end I got messgae that said something like XBOX sign up not avaialble, I hit ok. When  Iwent to log in there was a error message that flashed momentarily but then the sign in screen came up and covered it up. It says signing in and never connects.

My interent connection in the house is solid, when I test my console it shows it connected to Live so these seems more gamertag related,   I have no emails indicating that I am banned, have not played mp since earlier in the week (Crysis2).   Everything seemed cool on Wednesday outside of the achievement business.

Using an Xbox Elite, HDMI connection, wired internet connection...

any help appreciated, this is frustrating.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Just an update, its not console related, I was able to log into XBOX Live with an old account I never really used.   Its main my gamer tag that cant seem to connect to XBOX Live.   And since thats the one where all my saved games, acheivements, downloads, ms purchases and just about 8 months of gold left on it I obviosuly dont want to just start over. So to clairfy for any XBOXS support people that may answer come Monday (unless they are working OT on Sunday), it is most certainly gamer tag related, I did view my profile and all seems inb order but there is a breakdown when logging in. I see a flash of a msg with a red circle with white x in the top left corner but the message cycles so quick I have no idea what it says.   Your help is greatly appreciated and requested.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey mate, I just want to clarify: It looks like you tried recovering your tag and then began having errors--to be sure, did you try deleting and recovering your tag AFTER that? If not, please access 'Memory,' delete your profile (or any incomplete or corrupted profiles), and then try recovering again. If the same issue persists, you will want to call phone support, to see if there is any information they can provide about the account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mr Fitzer, yes recovered (actually tried to recover multiple times) because I was having acheivement loading errors (started a new game and acheivements wouldnt show and/or new game didnt show up on recently played games list.etc (petty reason but I do like some acheivements from time to time :) ) and once I recovered couldnt sign on.   However,key piece,  I didnt delete my profile from my harddrive when I recovered so I will do that this evening and try again!If I am understanding you right, its possible that the profile on my harddrive is jacked up so even when I try and recover my profile it may default to the harddrive so I am not making any progress. I think I saw the same suggestion on another post as I scanned down to mine and that never occured to me.   I will try that and answer back here and let you know the outcome.

Sorry this didn't help.

Fitzer, deleting from the harddrive was the key.   Was able to login, play and grab some achievements.   All seems squared away.   thanks for the tip, its not so obvious if you have enver tried to go thru that process adn XBOX doesnt rpompt or guide you really.   That might be a good tip to put at the top of this forum as announcement, something along the in and outs of recovering your gamer tag and issues it may fix

thanks again

Sorry this didn't help.