email

I set the wrong email up on my account and the email address is not even an active 1 I have tried to change it to my current email account and it wont let me how do I sort this 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey PaleRyder22! To avoid mix ups, I'd suggest changing the old gamertag to an alternate or new MSA email address. That way you free up the email you'd like to use on the new gamertag!

For steps on how to change your current Microsoft Account email address take a look at our support article on Questions about a Microsoft account or a gamertag! That will give you the play by play. :)

If you have further questions, feel free to create your own thread in this forum detailing the inquiry!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

miss kleo i have a question If I cancel my gamertag and create a new gamertag can i use the same email as the old one

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey NuTsTeR90! If you just set up your account with the email, you'll have to wait the full 30 day period to change the email again. We have no way of expediting this process. Those 30 days tend to go by faster than you think they will though! :)

If this isn't the error you're encountering, definitely let us know the message you're seeing and we'll be happy to help out!

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have the password for that Microsoft Account? Are you able to sign in with it at account.live.com ?

Sorry this didn't help.