Email verify problem.

Hello , i recently got an xbox one , but im having a serious problem , i had an yahoo email back in the day , and configured my secondary email as a gmail , well .. the problem is , the yahoo email has been gone due to inactivity , so i cant acces it , and to log into my xbox one it keeps saying microsoft sent an link that i should click to verify on my yahoo email , which is impossible for me ... what should i do now ?? I can log my account on the xbox live home page , normally using my secondary email just like im doing now , but seems impossible to log into xbox one. Hope you guys can help me , dont wanna lose my acc :( 

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

Try this work around.

Log into http://account.live.com with your account. Select Add/Change Aliases. It SHOULD tell you that you cannot add an alias because your email has not been verified. If that is true, go to your URL bar and type in outlook.com, and hit enter. When outlook loads, it should give you a message that states that your email is not verified and one of the options available will be to use a new email. This will allow you to create a new outlook.com email to attach to your account.

After setting that to your account, you can submit new security information on account.live.com under Security Info. If you cannot pass the verification, submit to delete your current information. This will start the 30 day timer and on day 31 you will receive an email that will allow you to set new information. Upon starting the 30 day timer and having a verified email, you should be able to recover your account on the Xbox One.

Let me know if this helps or if you are not able to do this and I can provide additional instructions on how to proceed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.