Email Threat to Hack Xbox Live account

On July 31,2011 I received an email from [GT Removed] which stated he was going to hack our account. Shortly after that email II was being automatically signed off of Xbox Live and the Xbox Live Party's. I called Xbox and spoke to Sarah(8/1/2011 at 0830hrs) and Scott(8/1/2011 at 1430hrs cst) and both advised me to submit my concerns to your department.  For more specifics please see Service ID [Removed] and please call me [Removed] or email me at [Removed]

V/R

Kenneth 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="s1y squirre1"]

what about in game hacking a friend of mine was hacked on COD: WaW it changed his prestige level and gave him every achievement but also set his score to minus figures so he couldn't play online anymore!! he still had his profile but couldnt play anything. this also happened to another friend on COD4 dunno if this is xbox fault or COD maybe but some answers would be nice?

[/quote]

That would be the game developers' fault because they haven't patched up the game and they still let people cheat in those games.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

what about in game hacking a friend of mine was hacked on COD: WaW it changed his prestige level and gave him every achievement but also set his score to minus figures so he couldn't play online anymore!! he still had his profile but couldnt play anything. this also happened to another friend on COD4 dunno if this is xbox fault or COD maybe but some answers would be nice?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is always the victims fault. It's next to impossible to get "hacked" on Xbox. And the only way someone can access your account is if they have your login info. You could have signed into a friend's computer with a keylogger, or maybe you just gave away your info. But I definitely know you didn't get hacked, but phished.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well seeing as that didn't happen, you can think what you like. Always the victim's fault I take it? Yeah, not enough patience for this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Considering it takes all of a minute to make a new account on here and support seems to tell people all the time to come here I find it hard to believe that. There is no hack going around, people are getting phished/social engineered or are giving their log in details away like candy and don't want to admit to it.

Sorry this didn't help.

The only reason I still have possession of it is that I made sure I had the password change in progress as I was recovering my gamertag for the last time. As soon as it finished, I changed the password since the first time I tried, it was taken back within 5-10 minutes. Chances are, people that could not take possession back as I did, or have not noticed yet (not tried to login) obviously would not be posting what is happening to them.

Sorry this didn't help.

Chances are it was a coincidence. Considering you're still in possession of the account and I'm guessing it's still on your console. If you were hacked/phished then the account wouldn't be on your console right now since a GT can only be on one console at any one time, you wouldn't be able to post using it and all your details would've been changed. If it gives you piece of mind change your password to something that can't be found on your facebook page.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm absolutely positive. I have never even been asked for this information and would never divulge this to begin with even if I was. In the industry I work in, confidentiality is a MUST and therefore comes naturally to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Rykk, are you positive you weren't phished? It's extremely rare for somebody to get "hacked" online, if not, impossible. Do you ever recall somebody trying to take your information and/or asking for it?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've NEVER given out my information to anyone, even my wife doesn't know the password (because she doesn't really care to know) and I just got hacked today too. I want an explanation to that.

Sorry this didn't help.