Email notification.

I have an older brother, we both play on the xbox one, but we both have diferents accounts. Is his xbox, so i kinda have to ask for permition for playing, now he tells me that everytime I sign in in my account, he gets on his email a notification let him know that i sign in. is that true?? Or he is just bluffing?? We have completly separates accounts. We just use the same Xbox.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Hi there he's busting your chops there no such thing. The only way he could tell is when he got home and saw you playing the console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Once again, NJDevils gives the Microsoft-standard support incorrect answer.  IronAlex, while your brother would not get an email, he would be able to see your online status by logging into xbox.com, clicking on "My Account", and then going to "Friends."  I'm assuming you are on his friends list.  Unless you are specifically setting your preferences to show up as offline, he could see you online here on this website.

Sorry this didn't help.

JDangles, We are not "Microsoft Standard Support".. Ambassadors are users , like yourself, who try to help other users. The original question was whether or not there is an email notification system in place for when someone logs into a console. NJ said no, that there is none. He was correct. While you are also right, the person in question can log into their xbox.com account and see if the OP is online, how about in the future you add to the conversation, instead of taking it upon yourself to attack someone else's answer?

Matthew Marion

If this post helped you, don't forget to like it!

Sorry this didn't help.

LOS Reaper, NJ gave incorrect information by saying the only way that he could determine if he was playing was by physically seeing him play.  These are the exact type of half-truths that we hear from Microsoft Support.  If you are going to represent Microsoft, then I'd expect you to give 100% truthful answers, regardless of whether you are an ambassador or customer representative.  As you can see, this thread is a simple example of how inaccurate the information is that we receive on any given day by any given Microsoft representative (including Ambassadors).  I wouldn't be replying to these threads if I wasn't motivated by the wildly incorrect and differing information that I've received from Microsoft representatives.  

Furthermore, I'm adding to the conversation.  I'm the first one to give IronAlex accurate information.  Dispelling the inaccurate information and disinformation that Microsoft representatives give is exactly what we need more of around here...  Maybe you should start doing the same...

Sorry this didn't help.

I do, quite often. However I try to do it in a way that is useful to the conversation, and not in a way that is attacking other posters. If you have something to add that is constructive, by all means do it. But attacking another poster for helping someone because they didn't think to keep xbox.com in mind is counterproductive. You could have gotten the same message across by being far less combative. We aren't Microsoft support, and if you have issues with how they do things then complain to them. Don't take your frustrations out on others.

Matthew Marion

If this post helped you, don't forget to like it!

Sorry this didn't help.

I wouldn't have an issue if you guys honestly came out and spoke the truth on these forums.  The problem, though, is that the ambassadors (especially NJDevils) constantly try to cast Microsoft's shortcomings in a good light, when the truth doesn't back up your claim.  If you are a gamer, then tell the truth.  Otherwise, you are a Microsoft representative giving us half-truths and lies.  Quit giving us blanket answers makes us hostile.

Sorry this didn't help.

JDangles- you have added very little to any conversations on these forums-go back and really look at your forum posts.  Because you are having an issue with your console you have decided the best way to react is to turn into a troll, that continually lambastes, insults and stirs up trouble.  Maybe not every answer is 100% correct, but at least people are trying, unlike yourself who comes to each thread to rouse and interject with borderline insults.

Maybe you should try to add to the discussion with helpful hints?  It would benefit everyone.  Your definition of adding to the conversation is probably not shared by most who come to the forum to seek help.

Sorry this didn't help.

You must not have read my ACCURATE answer to the question asked above....

Sorry this didn't help.