Email notification issue with the Xbox forums

I'm having an email notification issue with the Xbox forums. It appears that my Windows Live ID is being used for another Xbox Live account, specifically in the forum settings. I'm trying to add my WLID in my forum settings so that I can be notified of a reply to my posts on the Xbox forums, like this one. However, I can't do so. When I try adding my email address, it says it's already being used by another user. It could be my old XBL account from a couple of years ago, xjugganautzx, but I doubt it. And I can't check because I don't remember the WLID for that account.

I already called Xbox and the guy I spoke with said it was a database issue and lefted it at that. I really didn't get much help and as far as I'm aware, it wasn't being fixed nor looked into any further. So I asked @XboxSupport on Twitter for some help and asked if I'd report the issue on the Xbox Support forum.

Look forward to getting some help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there Ford! So you don't want the forum email sent to the current address listed in your forums settings, but the one you are trying to change it to says it's already taken, correct? I can see how that would be frustrating. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do to "free" it up if it's in use already. You'd have to change that yourself.

What I can suggest is logging in to the the email address that it is set for and set up a forwarding rule to take anything sent from Xbox and forward it to the email address you use. This would accomplish the same goal without having to try to find the account that is using the email address. Let me know how this goes, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Mister Gwyther, that's not a bad idea. However, I FINALLY just figured out my old WLID from an account way back in 2007. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.