Email Issues

Hello,

I'm having a problem with email. I've got a new email address as my old account was hacked. I've been using my new address for quite a while now but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change my email on my xbox. My xbox-live account is using the old email that i no longer use. I need / want to change my xbox email account from my old one to my newer safer email. How can I do this???? 

Cheers
TL 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Do the steps on the page over here work for you?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey,

I followed the steps but it didn't work. It still has my Microsoft account as my old email.

Sorry this didn't help.

So no luck there.

I went into account security and put change microsoft account. I followed the steps, entered my new email address and it said...  "Sorry this microsoft account is already associated with an xbox live profile. Try a different microsoft account" I would imagine this is because I tried to create an account with my new email on here to swap over to. So I then went to system, storage, all devices, profiles and deleted the account under my new email. I redid the account security steps and got the same message. Is there a way I can delete the new account on here?

Sorry this didn't help.

By 'new account' I mean the one created on the computer "Tierranalin" with the picture of the girl with the cowboy hat. The account I'm on now is currently associated with my xbox and old email. The other Microsoft Account that I want to move over to is the "Tierranalin" one with the picture of the girl with the cowboy hat. This is starting to stress me out big time. Someone PLease help me~!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey tierranalian! To disassociate that email address from the 'Tierranalin' you'll need to change the Microsoft Account email tied to it. You should be able to do this by signing into that gamertag 'Tierranalin' on your console and changing it to a brand new Microsoft Account email. That will free up the email to associate it with your 'tierranalian' gamertag! Let us know if these are the steps you were looking for. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I'm having a similar issue.

I want to change the xbox live gamertag NHSolo associated with its current email [REMOVED BY MODERATOR] to another email, that it says is associated with another gamer tag (the one used in this post ProofBat83)

I usually sign in as the previously mentioned NHSolo. Does that mean that the gamertag under the new email I want must also be a profile on my machine? There's only like 3 on there.

Alternately is there a way to just delete that profile, will that also free up the email from that gamer tag?

Sorry this didn't help.