Email is inactive. Can't access xbox live account.

"

Status code 8015D003 occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox Live"

pops up after entering my password for my account. I've tried resetting my password but that is not possible because the email is know inactive. So I can't sign even though I have the correct password. This issue started on April 11, 2013. Microsoft is demanding I  security proof my account. Which I obviously can't because the email is inactive. I will provide all the information I can regarding my account. I've been a Xbox live member since 2008 and would like to continue to do so. Please help me.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 43 Applies to:

Ok...having been thru this myself here's what you have to do: call Support and go thru the infamous account verification process...it is all you can do.  Nothing else.  You can get an email or phone conversation.  I suggest the email so you can take time to research the answers.  If you can answer them to MS' satisfaction they will send you a password reset link to any email you give them and you problem is solved.  If not, then the account is doomed to float around in cyberspace (I state this because at the moment MS has never accounced the deletion of GTS for non-use for the 360 era contrary to what you have read...at least I have never seen it).  The good news that you can repeat the process...it took me six months and just about as many emails to solve my problem.  If you, do yourself a favor and record ALL the information somewhere.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for a reply. But actually how am I to remember details from an account made 5 years ago. This is borderline unfair to have to go through so much verifications. I tried support they not only were unhelpful but rude. I tried to give the individual as much of my account information as possible, even the password itself. which I know is right because it was written down at the time of sign up 5 years ago. The support person also badgered me about resetting my password. Which I clearly told her that I can't reset a password to an account that I cant access anymore. On top of that my security answer also is apparently wrong. My security answer was also written down when I signed up. Please help me. As I am losing hope and will probably have to switch to Sony. Because of the lack of customer support and failure to understand my situation. I know that this is to prevent from people accessing your account who aren't you. But this is ridiculous I spent thousands of dollars on this account and would like to have access to it again. As well as support Microsoft, I just want someone to change the inactive and inaccessible email to a current and working one. Once again I'm begging someone please help me!!

original account:Xeotrix

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Quibz. I would suggest you Recover your Microsoft account. Provide as much detail as possible, and hopefully you will be able to recover it. 

Let us know if you have any questions. Cheers! 

Sorry this didn't help.

It won't let me it says that the site is unavailable due to maintenance. Also I've tried to recover my account before. But sadly I couldn't provide enough information according to Microsoft..

Sorry this didn't help.

having the same problem my brother made my account when i was on holiday so he created an email and password that became inactive and he forgot the password so i'm just having to use a silver account i once created for team doubles in halo; i knew these security features wouldn't be good news for everyone

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, regardless of what you think...it is your only option.  Might as well stop whining and get to work.  In my case my mother's email was dead and could not receive the password link.  She could not remember the account details.  She traveled extensively  between 2005 and 2009 living in at least 12 different states.  You are just going to have to do like I did and get the email forms and research answers...you simply have no other choice...other than to continue to cry about it and do nothing.  As I stated, I had to do it several times before I finally managed to gain the account back.  

Sorry this didn't help.

what if I provided my console id, as proof to my account. Since gamertags created are linked to the consoles they were created on.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!  If you have the console ID that it was created on, let's see if Support can help with that.  You can reach them here: support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

Could I give you my console id. Since your "official support".  Or do I have to go to the link that you provided.

Sorry this didn't help.

You'd want to go through the link and make sure you get a phone agent, or an official chat agent (no ambassadors) They'll be the ones with the right tools for this.

Sorry this didn't help.