Email invalid?

So I just bought Windows 8.  And I get randomed this profile on my account.  So I go on my xbox and try to transfer my xbox gamertag to this email, And it keeps telling me that the email is invalid when i'm logged onto it right now.  Is it because i'm logged in with this gamertag on the website and i'm logged in with my other account on the xbox?  Can someone please for the love of god just help me?

~Chris

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

You cannot have an email attached to two gamertags at once. You would need to free it off of this free one that was created through your Windows 8 before you would be able to use it on your original Gamertag for Xbox.

The issue with that is right now you can only change the Microsoft Account on the Xbox console itself and to get the new email attached to your original gamertag will be a 30day process. You would need ot download the new gamertag to the xbox, after 30days of being on there it will allow you to change your newer email on the new gamertag to a different one to free it up.

Then in 30days you can take the newer email and change your original gamertag to the new email.

You can also try contacting Windows 8 support if you need it explained to you that way by requesting a call or chatting with one of there reps through the following link :

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Chris! You could say that, but it's more so because that email already has a profile attached to it. To remedy this you'll first need an alternate email address - one that has not already been attached to a profile!

Once you have that email address, we can change this current gamertag 'StuffierJet8' to that email address using your console. This will free up the email address attached to your Windows 8 account! After changing this email make sure you don't log in on your Windows 8 account before you go to change the Xbox LIVE profile you want to your already existing email.

To change the MSA email on your Xbox 360 console you can take these steps:

1. Navigate to the Settings Hub (far right on the dashboard) and select Account.
  2. Navigate to Your Information panel and select Account Security.
  3. Select Change Microsoft Account.
  4. Select Yes once you have created a new Microsoft Account.
  5. Enter the password for your current Microsoft Account.
  6. Enter the Microsoft Account and password you would like to use.
  7. Complete the prompts to save your change.

Let us know how it goes, Chris!

Sorry this didn't help.

Ahh looks like I didn't refresh before RideThePig13 answered! He is correct as well here, but I would say that it doesn't seem there would be a 30 day waiting period. As you're changing the email of 2 different accounts and not one of them twice.

Sorry this didn't help.