Email deletion problem

I created my xbox live/Microsoft account about two years ago, and connected it to my gmail account. Last year a little after Christmas I deleted the gmail account because of personal issues. Nothing happened to my Xbox live account and I resumed playing. I wanted to sign into Microsoft and it told me, "you haven't been here in a while." so It sent my gmail account a code to sign in and I realized I couldn't access it. I signed in with the security question. I also decided to switch my email to my yahoo account that is still active but it said, "you cannot change your email." This has caused difficulties with signing in on different consoles and devices. What can I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

You can change the Microsoft account that's associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. Here's how:

1.Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2.Go to Settings and select Account.

3.Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security.

4.Select Microsoft account (Your Microsoft account is your Windows Live ID.)

5.Do one of the following:

•If you already have another Microsoft account, select Yes.

•If you don't have another Microsoft account, go to accounts.live.com and click Sign up. After you have another Microsoft account set up, select Yes and continue with the next step.

6.Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag and select Sign in.

7.Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

8.Select Yes, change to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE account.

9.Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you so much @nugs of karma

Sorry this didn't help.

You have to create a NEW microsoft account at account.live.com. After that, DO NOT SIGN INTO XBOXLIVE with it.

Sign into your console as kinshi57, go to setting hub on the dashboard, select account, select account, move two tiles to the right, select account security, select change microsoft account, go from there.

__________________________________________________________________________-

IMPORTANT: if you want to use an email you already have, you can, just make sure when you turn it into a microsoft account that IT DOES NOT have an @hotmail.com or @live.com identifier on the end of it.

This change will go into effect as soon as you change it, it will immediately become the new email and password to log into Kinshi57. Have fun, and make sure you read EVERYTHING correctly, don't rush it.

Sorry this didn't help.