Email appears after changing over 2 years ago

I recently changed the email of my account to my own. It use to be my brothers. This was TWO years ago. I've changed the email in which the gamertag is linked to, aswell as the contact email preference. Yet my brothers email still appears in the top right corner of my dashboard, even though I've taken it completely out of the occasion.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi!

Did you try following the steps at support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-account-info ?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, as I said, I've changed the email which is linked to my gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you changed the Microsoft account (live ID) associated with your Gamertag? support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Sorry this didn't help.

Um, yes? As I just said TWICE, I have done this...

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm guessing by the tone of your reply that you haven't even attempted to check and just taken it for granted that you have done as suggested.

What you said was "I've changed the email in which the gamertag is linked to, aswell as the contact email preference."

Contact email preference is pretty straight forward but to say you've changed the email in which your gamertag is linked to could have been either your billing details or the associated LiveID. It is very vague. If you don't state specifically then we have to go by process of elimination to see exactly what you have done.

Changing your billing e-mail account and changing the Microsoft account liveID association (which is used for logging in to your Hotmail, Outlook.com, SkyDrive, Skype, Windows 8, Windows Phone, Xbox Live, Xbox Music and Zune) are two totally different things. My billing contact e-mail and my liveID account are two totally different e-mail addresses and it is my liveID address that appears on my dashboard.

So again, I urge you to check BOTH are correctly changed to your new accounts e-mail address.

When done, if it hasn't resolved the issue, please return and let us know. these two solutions will have been exhausted and we'll have to try another avenue. Some manners would also be appreciated for someone who is trying to help you with your problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there TheOnly,

anistream is correct.

Your contact information and your Windows Live ID are completely different. What you're describing sounds like you changed your alias for the account. I have done this as well and my Live ID is still the one that shows with my account but I use my personal gmail to sign in with everything.

You would need to follow the steps in the link anistream provided to change the actual Windows Live ID associated with your account.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Meh, if I wanted to change the email associated with my billing details I would have said, as you said, they're two different things. Thanks anyway I'll just give it a few days and see if someone else can help me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi TheOnlyNJB,

It may be that the change has went through properly, but we just need to pull a fresh version of your profile down from the servers. 

To do this, please follow the steps below: 

1. Clear your Xbox 360 system cache.  
  2. Redownload your Xbox Live profile. 

This should pull down a fresh profile, which should then show the proper email address. 

Let us know how that goes, or if you have anymore questions. 

Sorry this didn't help.