Email and Password prompt every time I try to sign in!

This is driving me bonkers!

I have to Xbox 360 consoles, one works fine and signs in without any problems, the other however constantly asks me for to confirm my email and password?

I confirm the email as it's already there (click done) and then I have to manually enter the password after which it says I am signed in but it just hangs with the circle turning.

I wait for a while and it does the same thing until I switch the xbox off, restart and then it starts all over again!

Both my daughters also have profiles on there and they cannot sign in due to payment update info, I confirm all the usual details, card security 3 numbers and home address and so on, when done it says they are signed in but when I we go to the dashboard they are not? again I do the same thing and it all starts again with update payment info!

I checked the bank just in case and there is plenty of money (even though suddenly £4 has disappeared since this update info crap) but I cannot get the thing to sign in to any our live profiles because of these two separate issues?

Please help as I am about to take a hammer to the thing!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

PROBLEM ONE: The 'remember password' setting was not enabled when your profile was downloaded. Not even duct tape will solve it, much less hammers, but you can change that setting on the Xbox and make the problem go away by picking up the remote control.

Sign in if you are not already signed in.

Tap on the silver GUIDE button and the Xbox Guide menu will appear.

Go two clicks to the right and select Account Management with the green (A) button.

From Account Management, go another two clicks to the right and choose Account Security.

Then, pick Password at Sign In.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

PROBLEM TWO:

Both my daughters also have profiles on there and they cannot sign in due to payment update info, I confirm all the usual details, card security 3 numbers and home address and so on, when done it says they are signed in but when I we go to the dashboard they are not? again I do the same thing and it all starts again with update payment info!

I checked the bank just in case and there is plenty of money (even though suddenly £4 has disappeared since this update info crap) but I cannot get the thing to sign in to any our live profiles because of these two separate issues?

For this, I would suggest asking for assistance from the Billing team at Xbox Support. Sign in with one of your daughter's accounts at the website http://www.xbox.com then go to http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:2:0 and Request a Call. This will also allow you to make inquires regarding charges should you wish.

Sorry this didn't help.

PROBLEM ONE: I cannot sign in this particular Xbox to enable 'remember password'...It is enabled on my other Xbox but when I ask it (tell it, stare at it, get angry with it, then touch it) to enable profile to be signed in with or without a password on another console I am told there are no other consoles?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Bruce,

On the Xbox 360 you're having this issue with, have you tried to just delete the profile (profile only), clear the cache, restart the console, and then just download the profile again.

I'm thinking that might fix this particular situation you're in.

Delete Profile Safely:

Go to Settings, and then select System.
Select Storage.
Select All Devices.
Select Gamer Profiles.
Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
Select Delete.
Select Delete Profile Only.

Clear Cache (3 Times):

Go to Settings, and then select System.
Select Storage.
Highlight Hard Drive, and press Y
Select Clear Cache, and press Yes.

Restart Console:

Download Profile:

Push the middle button on your XBOX 360 controller.
Select Download Profile.

Sorry this didn't help.