Email Account and User Name Don't Match Up

Here's my issue

About a month ago I began having issues signing in to Live.  It asked for my email account for the gamertag, yet when I put the email account in it told me there was an error.  I know the email is account is correct because I get emails daily from Xbox to that email account addressed to the Gamertag that I'm trying to sign in with.

Furthermore, when I come to this site and log in, using that email address mind you, a different Gamertag comes up when I get signed in.   I believe it was one I used many years ago.  It's like when I changed my gamertag it didn't change on this site.  

So to review.

I can't sign onto xbox live using "Gamertag A" because an error comes up when I put in my email.

On that same email account, I receive emails daily addressed to "Gamertag A".

When I come to this site and log in it says I'm signed in under "Gamertag B".

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 171 Applies to:

Hi there,

You can transfer your gamer account to a different MS account by following this guide:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Hope this helps

BoA

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I also have that problem: I get the e-mails from my mainprofile to my e-mailaccount, but the programm doesn't accept my e-mailaccount.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Sk33t,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your accounts.

• What exact error code/message are you seeing?

I would suggest trying these steps listed by our awesome ambassador Taidara.

[quote]

Can you please verify that you've added and updated your security proofs like phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and security questions and answers to your Microsoft account.

With this information added and updated, we can now start focus on the next step. Follow the steps up front and in given order, and let us know if you were helped by this.

Clear Xbox system cache 

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. Important: Clear your Xbox system cache 3 times in row.

Restart your console.

Download Xbox LIVE profile.

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
  2. Select Download Profile.
  3. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  4. Enter your Microsoft account password.

[/quote]

Please let us know how those steps work for you and we'll go from there. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I appreciate all the suggestions, I'm still working on it but haven't found the solution.  I'm about to clear my cache now.

When I use this Gamertag without getting on Xbox Live I cannot click on "Account Security" because it is like greyed out.  Like it's not available.

It's still really frustrating, and I appreciate everything guys.  I'm gonna clear my cache now, wish me luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't seem to clear the cache.  I've changed all my emails and such associated to the microsoft account to the name XxSk33tSk33txXx.  I don't get it.  I changed my password to make it shorter because some dude was having that problem.  I've changed my primary email from a yahoo to gmail.  I still get that code.  My gamertag is " Mambatron 24".  I get xbox live emails regularly from xbox to my yahoo email addressed to " Mambatron 24".  Yet when I sign in on this site, my name is Mambatron, it's the XxSk33t name.  And when I try to sign into live using Mambatron it asks for my email and when I put in my yahoo address and password it doesn't work.  Frustrating.  They send me email addressed to Mambatron to my yahoo email yet they tell me that email isn't associated with that gamertag.  I've never been more upset with Xbox.  This is ludacris.

The error code is:  8015d002

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi XxSk33tSk33txXx,

The error code you are now getting be due to the following:

Problem

You see the following error code and message when you try to sign in to Xbox LIVE:

Account does not exist.
Status Code: 8015D002

This may mean there’s a problem with your account. For example, the security information for your account may need to be updated

Solutions

Solution 1: Did you recently sign up for two-step verification?

If you recently turned on two-step verification, you may not know how to sign in to apps or devices that don't accept security codes. Some apps (like the mail apps on some smartphones) and devices (like the Xbox 360) can't prompt you to enter a security proof when you try to sign in. If you get an incorrect-password error with an app or device, you'll need to create a unique app password to sign in. After you sign in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You’ll use this new app password to sign in to your device instead of using your Microsoft account password.

You'll need to create and sign in with an app password once for each app or device that can't prompt you for a security proof.

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account.
  2. Under Password and security info, tap or click Edit security info.
    If you're prompted for a security proof, enter it and tap or click Submit.
  3. Under App passwords, tap or click Create a new app password.
    A new app password is generated and appears on your screen. 
  4. When you’re prompted for your Microsoft account password on your Xbox console, enter the app password that you created online.

After you sign in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You will use this new app password to sign in to your device instead of your Microsoft account password.

Solution 2: Verify your Microsoft account security information

Follow these steps:

1. Visit Microsoft account.
    Note If you forgot your password or can’t sign in using your password, reset your password.
  2. Click Edit security info.
  3. Verify your security information. For example, verify the Phone number, Alternate email address, and Security question information.
  4. Sign out of your Microsoft account and then sign in again.
  5. Try to sign in to Xbox LIVE again.

Solution 3: Delete and re-download your Xbox LIVE profile

For help, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

Solution 4: Clear the system cache

To clear the system cache, follow these steps:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, and then select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  1. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  2. Select Clear System Cache.
  1. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Sorry this didn't help.