Elite Controller - right stick has "space", normal?

Hi guys,

here is a video of what I mean:

http://youtu.be/tPXAYxOgn8g

Anyone else has that and is it normal? That does not happen on the left stick. Only on the right one you can pull it up and push it down that far.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

Hello Exxon460,

I am not 100% sure as I don't own this controller but in some games the controller has a click in button like you push on the left stick you sprint. As I am able to do that on the regular controller as well able to push it in an pull it up a ways. But like I said I am not 100% sure.

Is that joy stick working and operating fine?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah it is. Was just wondering because on the left stick it doesn't really move.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, so I grabbed my elite controller and was unable to mimic what you did. My fingers kept slipping off and it and the part wouldn't pull up like you were able to do. Hope that helps in some way.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there exxon460.

That looks like it's moving normally. If you're not getting any performance issues I wouldn't worry about the movement. The stick isn't completely static, as it needs some area to be pressed down, which explains why you're able to pull it up.

Sorry this didn't help.

I Don't have this on the Elite controller. Seen it on previous controllers. You have way to much movement in that thumbstick, does not happen on either thumbstick, and obvious a flaw as only one of your sticks.

I do however have both left and right thumbstick drift. Deveolpeed after a couple hours of use, noticable on Instant sensitivity on certain apps, games. Going through a complaint regarding this matter onthe  standard controller. Shocked to see it on the Elite. So not only is the design/ quality bad, manufacturing seem horendous looking at your controller as it should not have that much movement, send it back mate.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey exxon460 I have the exact same thing only in the left analog stick instead of the right. The right I am unable to do that, but the left I noticed when I swap the sticks on the elite controller. I checked my day one controller and I was able to pull it up like that, but on my other standard controller I was not. I contacted chat support to try to see if this is an issue because of the hefty price tag and my 30 day return policy through Amazon. Once I finally convinced them its not software related they told me its a new feature on the controller and its fine. I am not convinced they had a clue what I was talking about. Anyway mine seems to work fine when I just push it back down,  and only happens when I pull up hard enough on the stick to swap it with another. I just wanted to know that this is not due to a defect in my controller that will cause issues later on. If anyone is able to reassure this is normal I would really appreciate it!

Sorry this didn't help.