Elite controller - pressing down on the D-pad often doesn't work in Titanfall

I'm using the Elite controller with the standard cross-shaped D-pad. I have one paddle attached, which is mapped to the A button, but other than that I haven't customised any of the controls.

When I test the D-pad in menus, it never fails to register a press in any direction. However, when playing Titanfall, when in a titan you have to press down on the D-pad to activate the titan's core ability and I'm finding that sometimes I have to press the D-pad down about 10 times before it finally works.

It's very strange because like I said, if I'm just in a menu and I repeatedly press up and down over and over, it never fails to register my down press - it's only when I'm in the game that it does. I've never had this happen with the regular Xbox One controllers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 250 Applies to:

Hey SigmaTheDJ and Master Voltage

Do you have issues within any other games or is this just with Titanfall? If it's only with Titanfall try a full power cycle on the console by holding power button for 10 seconds (or until console turns off) and try again. If you're still having issues it may be worth uninstalling and re-installing the game.

If you're having issues with all games it may be worth reaching out to the retailer for an exchange. If they don't have any available for exchange currently you can set up a Repair/Replacement for the controller over here at our Online Service Center. Keep us in the loop with what's going on.

H8edHero, I'm afraid if the stick is drifting you'll also want to reach out to your retailer or set up a Repair/Replacement with the steps above. Really sorry about the issues you're having with the controller, certainly isn't something that is normal with the controller.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My right thumb stick already sticks to the right. This is sad for how much money we paid for these.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your not the only one, same issue during light or quicker presses on my Elite controller as well. I use the D-pad for all menu navigation and find it (D-Pad down) failing to register 3-4 out of 10 presses. I refuse to use it, forget gaming with it.

When that button clicks, the input should register, period.

Sorry this didn't help.