Elder scrolls IV: Skyrim quest glitched

Ok guys, FurryPaws99 here and i just got Skyrim the other day and have been hooked on it. I can sit and spend hours after getting back from work on this game its very addicting. However i got to winterhold's College and started the quest First Lessons. Now heres this issue; i go into the hall of elements to listen to Tofldir give a speech about wizards and such, well eventually my character is asked to give a practical demonstration on using wards. Well when i equip the new spell as it said it was added to my inventory, i go to the highlighted area where the old man wants me to perform the spell, and for some reason i will stand there and try and try and try and try to do it but he just looks at me and doesnt say or do anything. now i couldnt reload my game to a point before the quest because i saved the game manually not thinking about the consequences, and the auto saves were already passed the point of the quest start. Also, restarting the game didn't work as well as restarting my console. I would hate to have to play through to game again as ive already logged about 2 days worth of actual game time into the game and thats quite a bit to have to go through again. any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well, first of all this is the Swedish section of the forums :) But to answer your question, you have to stand in the exact spot where he wants you to. If that doesn't work either, try to attck one of your fellow classmates. That's will start the quest Rejoining the College and make you pay a fine of 250 gold. That will also restart the quest First Lesson. Good luck and we'll see you in the english forums :)

Swedish:

Problem med att questen First Lesson inte startar för att det år inte att kasta en Ward Spell där läraren vill att man ska göra det. Ma måste stå på exakt rätt plats. Om det inte fungerar kan man attackera en klasskamrat varpå man blir utkastad från Magiskolan. Då startar questen Rejoin the College, altså att man får gå med i magiskolan igen. Det kostar 250 guld i spelet och questen First Lesson startar om, och förhoppningsvis hakar den inte upp sig igen.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.