EA to follow Activision's inflated RRP prices?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-03-fifa-12-rrp-is-GBP54-99

hmmm..so the standard edition of Fifa 12 is £54.99... however the exclusive GAME version will be £44.99...

personally I don't know how this can be justified......ok fair enough there is an online component and possibly endless hours of gameplay... but because it's going to sell in the millions it's an extra 14/15 quid than another game with the same features (online and hours of gameplay)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This is absolutely stupid.

This hobby aint what it used to be thats for sure.

£40 is plenty for a new game even though the game itself is worth half of that.

Easy way to deal with this, vote with your wallet....works for me every time.;)

i just find it unbelieveable... when I went to buy LA Noire.. the standard edition was £35.99... the limited with the DLC was £39.99....  because a game is going to be a huge seller (COD, Fifa et al) it's as if they can charge what they like...and they do! There should be some kind of standardization in place for video games... imagine if a Blu Ray movie came out and it was £54.99 ..say The King's Speech... that will sell by the bucket load ... there'd be uproar

[quote user="AlertedENCORE"]

Easy way to deal with this, vote with your wallet....works for me every time.;)

[/quote]

i see your point... but it's not enough.. people will still pay it ... and no doubt it'll only be active online if bought brand new.... no offence to yourself...but a few hundred people not buying it will not affect EA

Having a fanbase is a license to print bloody money,just gonna have to be a bit more particular which games to purchase.

Well i cant really blame EA......if people really are willing to hand over that type of cash then i suppose somebody always will be there willing to take that cash.......i just wish it was me. ;)

[quote user="Dainja Raas"]

Having a fanbase is a license to print bloody money,just gonna have to be a bit more particular which games to purchase.

[/quote]

I hear you there....

i'd assume the fanbase for Fifa is different to say the fanbase for Call of Duty...older perhaps... hopefully this will affect people's opinions of it when they know they may have to pay 55 quid

It`s hard to say ,i`m an older gamer and i don`t mind a bit of fifa and i`m not averse to a tear up on CoD.55 bar for a game is gonna make me think twice about impulse buys , probably browse the bargain bin a bit more lol.

As much as I love FIFA, I can't justify paying £40 for a yearly release such as FIFA or COD, and most of the gameplay is recycled along with some new elements add to it.

£45-£55 is a bit over the top, and I will be staying from those games, or I'll probably wait a week or two after release.

It will still be £35 somewhere.