EA codes tied to console and/or Gamertag and EA ID?

Ok so im curious if those 12 digit codes for EA games are tied to the console or your gamertag? Ive noticed that the ME2 Cerberus network code is not in my history nor is the VIP code. But I do see Dragon Armor and Stone Prisoner... So this is odd b/c that was also a 12 digit code?

I really hate EA and their own codes and starting to hate EA all over again and they were starting to turn around until this generation... I thought Activision would be the first to do this kinda crap.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It belongs to your gamertag and EA account. It is a very weird thing that much of the free content from the Cerberus Network doesn't appear in your download history but you'll still be able to access it via the in-game menu.

The codes are simply an incentive for people to buy new rather than waiting for a second-hand copy. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok I am curious b/c I am selling my old xbox and I dont what to rebuy things b/c the stupid EA only codes that you cant license transfer.

I have heard though some EA codes are tied to the console, like the Dead Space 2 online pass.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="FruitlessMonkey"]

Ok I am curious b/c I am selling my old xbox and I dont what to rebuy things b/c the stupid EA only codes that you cant license transfer.[/quote]Providing you sign into Mass Effect 2 with the account that redeemed the Cerberus Network code you will be able to download the content again from the in game menu without trouble.

[quote user="FruitlessMonkey"]I have heard though some EA codes are tied to the console, like the Dead Space 2 online pass.[/quote]Most online codes follow the same licensing rules as most DLC.

In that the account which bought/redeemed the content owns it but other accounts on that console will be able to access it.

To keep that option on your new console you will have to do a License Transfer. Which can be done on the site here LINK or completely on the console under Account Management. 

Sorry this didn't help.