EA cliames that BF4 running 60fps with 64 players on XB1!

"It’s the shear fact that “Battlefield 4” will support 64-players and 60 fps for the first time on Xbox One. This is a big deal for us because it’s something we’ve always wanted to deliver but we couldn’t do it without taking away from the core “Battlefield” experience."

If true.... sweeeeeet!

http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/games-battlefield-4-qa

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

60fps has been what they have said all along. The question has always been 720 or 1080p

well the 60 fps and 64 players were two things that were not fully confirmed.

-

that being said while the interview reads as if this was something only on x1, it is definitely written to leave it open and possible for ps4.

-

to me the most interesting thing about the interview was that in all the multiplayer questions/comments, dedicated servers were never brought up. this would seem like a good time to mention that, makes me wonder if they arent going to utilize them.

[quote user="dudeskis01"]

well the 60 fps and 64 players were two things that were not fully confirmed.

-

that being said while the interview reads as if this was something only on x1, it is definitely written to leave it open and possible for ps4.

-

to me the most interesting thing about the interview was that in all the multiplayer questions/comments, dedicated servers were never brought up. this would seem like a good time to mention that, makes me wonder if they arent going to utilize them.

[/quote]

They could not possibly do 64 players without dedis. I know they did not confirm it but I think there is no doubt they are using dedis.

Is the question more about whether they are EA servers or MS servers?

Battlefield has always used dedicated servers. These are a given for any BF game. I can almost guarantee they will be EA servers, as usual.

60fps and 64+players( commander) has been confirmed for a long time. Resolution has not. Not quite sure if they will get to 1080p but it will be more than 720p

I thought Microsoft already confirmed that all of their games would run at 1080p because that was part of the "next-generation" standard that they're trying to make the norm... To me, if it's still in 720p, that's not next-gen tech in my book.

then Ryse is not next gen

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

then Ryse is not next gen

[/quote]

Ryse is next gen. Considering getting from 480p (xbox/PS2) to 720p (360/PS3), a 2x increase in resolution, took a 50x increase in computing power, there shouldn't be any expectation from xbox one and PS4 to render at 1080p. Since 1080p is 2x the resolution, and very few games rendered at 60Hz this generation, you're looking at 4x the power, just to stay where we are graphically at 1080p and 60Hz. Who cares if Ryse didn't quite make 1080p. There were plenty of games this generation that didn't make 720p, and neither the 360 or PS3 could render something like Ryse at 1600x900. Just be happy it's higher than 720p.

@Galactic MS said they won't push devs to deliver a set frame rate or resolution.

I don't know GG. Much improved graphics and Physics, solid 60 FPS and 64 players online.. Seems like a fairly substantial improvement to me? Yes I agree 1080p would be nice rather than 720p+ but I do wonder if people aren't getting a bit too bogged down in the whole resolution war?

It should be possible this generation straight off the bat, no arguments from me there. Still, on a brighter note if you sit more than 10 feet/ 3m from a TV of 50inch or less. Studies show that the majority of people can't tell the difference between the two. So unless you're up close to a big screen. I'm not sure if its as bad as many think? Now if Ryse is running in 900p, then for me that's a completely acceptable resolution given the graphics quality, the amount of stuff on screen and the fact that game is a launch title? That could just be me though And I'm likely in the minority on this one!

It's still only the start of this next gen though, so as they continue to refine the system, I'm sure we will see 1080p / 60fps become the norm within a year or so. Until then, everything will be upscaled to 1080p anyway and I'm willing to bet the scaler in that console is a top notch one.