EA Announce UEFA Euro 2012, but as FIFA 12 DLC

EA has announced that it will be offering a major piece of DLC for FIFA 12 in the shape of UEFA EURO 2012. 

The expansion pack gives you the opportunity to compete for the EURO 2012 title. But players won't be restricted to just the teams that successfully qualified for the tournament - all 53 UEFA member national teams are present, as are the 8 official stadiums that will host the championship in Poland and Ukraine this summer. 

The game will be playable locally and online. It will also feature an all-new Expedition mode, in which you'll be able to start with your favourite European player or FIFA 12 Virtual Pro as the captain, and "craft the perfect strategy for European domination." Beat opposing teams and earn better players from defeated nations, building your squad as you attempt to defeat all 53 countries and conquer Europe. 

The expansion will be released on XBLA, PSN and PC Digital Download on April 24. The RRP is £15.99 on PSN, 1800 MS Points and 2500 FIFA Points on PC. 

Source = http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221905p1.html

About time, normally any Football tournaments that are held in between FIFA titles always gets a full retail release, so to do it as DLC is much better and cheaper. 1800 MSP is still quite a lot but better then £40

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

HAHA, what are we paying for some new stadiums? All them teams are already in the game and you can set up the EURO 2012 tournament yourself within the game this is comical.

[quote user="Alchemist Don"]

HAHA, what are we paying for some new stadiums? All them teams are already in the game and you can set up the EURO 2012 tournament yourself within the game this is comical.

[/quote]

Yeah... but it's OFFICIAL !

;-)

I'm pleased with this move, I wouldn't have been interested in another full game, but if they put enough features into this, it'll be a big seller.

-

Thanks for sharing OP

Ea should really be putting all tournament's in Fifa releases anyway, but at least they have done the correct thing here and made it DLC rather then a full retail release for twice the cost of the DLC

[quote user="ElGuaje Villa07"]

I think its no better selling it as DLC, if it was 800 odd points yeah, but for £16 for a game you cannot sell on no thanks. Would have preferred to pay £35 for it and then be able to sell it on after the tournament the major problem with DLC is your stuck with it. So £15.99 may sound good but could probably sell it for £20+ anyway so in the long run its the same.

[/quote]

The resell value would drop to £10 at the most after the tournament has ended, so in reality it is costing you less than it would to get a full £40 release on disc.

I hope these new features work well, I may get this to distract myself from the impending media hype and overall disappointment of supporting the England team

Step in the right direction for EA to put it as DLC